Visitor from GA

I'll be visiting NJ this weekend and staying in News Brunswick/Middlesex area. Anyone willing to show me some trails on Monday/Tuesday morning? Thanks. I've ridden Hartshone in highland and Chimney Rock the last time i was here but didn't enjoy it because i didn't know the trail. thanks

If you want to travel north under an hour I can prolly show some rocks, alot different then central trails...

matty,
Thanks for the offer. How early can we meet up? 287 North is murderous in the AM so i would love to be on the road at 6am and meet up at 7am? too early?

never too early for me, we can do any of the allamuchys or all three. Mahlon is an option also. How much time and mileage you looking for? I have to see how next week plays as to which day...

Matty,
THanks. Let me know what's your plan. I've heard of allamuchys but have never been there. I would love to cover all three if we can. My rides usually last between 2-4 hrs ~30-40miles. Where are you located? I am from New Brunswick/middlesex/Edison area.

lets shoot for tuesday 7am out of deer park (80 west to exit 19 left on 517 1 1/2 miles left on deerpark rd "dirt across from mattars pub" 1/2 mile back to 1st parking lot). I will Pm you with cell number. I live by the allamuchy parks...

Monday morning ride

If you want I may be doing a loop at 6 Mile Run early on Monday, start @6 done by 8 if you're interested. Btw I lived in S'ville for 5 years before moving to North Brunswick back in 2002. Are the trails in Yellow River still in good shape? I may be able to get out for a Sunday morning ride as well.

lets shoot for tuesday 7am out of deer park (80 west to exit 19 left on 517 1 1/2 miles left on deerpark rd "dirt across from mattars pub" 1/2 mile back to 1st parking lot). I will Pm you with cell number. I live by the allamuchy parks...

Matty,
Got your #. Thanks. I'll be there 7am. I got a 5 in FS 26er and a 29er SS, what bike is best for this trail? Thanks

If you want I may be doing a loop at 6 Mile Run early on Monday, start @6 done by 8 if you're interested. Btw I lived in S'ville for 5 years before moving to North Brunswick back in 2002. Are the trails in Yellow River still in good shape? I may be able to get out for a Sunday morning ride as well.

Gregg,

Thanks for the offer. I'll meet you monday 6am. Sunday i'll be there w/ my wife's cousins(they're noob) for a slow pace ride if you mind joining us around 7ish. What a small world, yellow river on the river side is destroyed because of the 100yr storm last september. Remember the house on the other parking lot w/ the pave road? The water got all the way to its roof and swept it away. The close Juhan rd for three days because the water got all the way up there. The creek side still pretty good. I live two miles from there and often ride my bike to the trail head. Hope to see you. I drive a silver Toyota sequioa w/ GA plate.

Matty,
Got your #. Thanks. I'll be there 7am. I got a 5 in FS 26er and a 29er SS, what bike is best for this trail? Thanks

Lets roll the ss's as i don't own a big bang anymore, though there is some climbing involved I do most on the ss anyway...

Gregg,
Are you still going to ride monday 6am at 6 Mile Run?

Its a go go with some posse in tow, calling all unemployed, disgruntle and cough cough sick employees. tue triple is on...

SnellvilleGabiker joins us in July and has no problems finding one of the best guides in one of the best parks in the state... Whoever came up with the slogan "Your Guide To The Rock Garden State" should sit back and marvel at this... Now that is what I call Yankee Hospitality... Awesomeness:D

I'm glad you enjoyed Phil, look us up again when you come back. Phil got the special loop with birches and rouge in DP. lower pink down center of maze to cross over trail in SSP. Then we topped of the ride white to red to gulch to lumpy to white to crossover to icecream to ebineezer's broken leg and down cardiac to orange. pound some road back in the 7-11 trail at deer park. Since I cant get any takers on the DP beat my time I'm gonna put together a Triple Parker beat my time in the 25 mile range to see if that will get any takers...

Back
Top Bottom