Vintage bike forum??

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Hey! I think ya need to readjust the rear brake too! It ain't workin! (ha!)
Darn front brake keeps sticking. I'm not sure how many thousand miles I have put on it over the years. All original except for the cables. Even the tires and tubes are original. Why do the new bikes wear out so quickly?

qclabrat

Darn front brake keeps sticking. I'm not sure how many thousand miles I have put on it over the years. All original except for the cables. Even the tires and tubes are original. Why do the new bikes wear out so quickly?
but that bike weighs like 40lbs, some places trimming weight also compromises on durability, pick one....

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
True. Plus the old mountain bikes ride more like a road bike or a hybrid between the steep head angle and lack of suspension travel. Probably why I use it for cardio. 34.6 pounds size large with a granny seat, trailer hitch, loaded saddle bag and pump.

qclabrat

I also used mine to pull the toddler trailer. If you look close you can see the trailer hitch I forgot to remove. Post a photo of yours, I would like to see it.
bike's kind of looking like a dying animal, switching out a bunch of parts at the moment. Frame has some very interesting features like fillet brazing done in Cal and lugged dropouts like 3Rensho but then passed on the frame to a blind Taiwanese guy to do the bottom bracket. Nonetheless I love the uniqueness of this bike.
WP_20160504_20_25_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_26_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_27_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_27_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_26_41_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Unique would be an understatement. What's it going to weigh when it's done. You should call it robo bike

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bike's kind of looking like a dying animal, switching out a bunch of parts at the moment. Frame has some very interesting features like fillet brazing done in Cal and lugged dropouts like 3Rensho but then passed on the frame to a blind Taiwanese guy to do the bottom bracket. Nonetheless I love the uniqueness of this bike.View attachment 35105 View attachment 35106 View attachment 35107 View attachment 35108 View attachment 35109
Bring this to the next city ride.

qclabrat

presenting Isabella, named after actress of the Blue Velvet cult classic.
this was my first good road bike after college. Bought it minty used, think its a 1984 with SL. Was looking for a DeRosa or Masi, but I used to see these at Steve's Bike Stand all time in HS. It's got a mishmash of 80s parts I lusted for as a kid, so its kind of special. Now only ride it a few times a year since its got the old school tubulars and I hate patching them.
]
WP_20160504_20_21_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_21_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_21_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_22_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_20_22_21_Pro.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
presenting Isabella, named after actress of the Blue Velvet cult classic.
this was my first good road bike after college. Bought it minty used, think its a 1984 with SL. Was looking for a DeRosa or Masi, but I used to see these at Steve's Bike Stand all time in HS. It's got a mishmash of 80s parts I lusted for as a kid, so its kind of special. Now only ride it a few times a year since its got the old school tubulars and I hate patching them.
]View attachment 35110 View attachment 35111 View attachment 35112 View attachment 35113 View attachment 35114
Clean..............

Johnny Utah

Did these actually make it off the ground after a jump? The amount of pulleys is ridiculous, lol.
Oh yes they did, bombproof. They both pedaled without bob as the drive was independent. Pedal forces were on the left side while the right side acted as the transmission.

pkovo

Hey, the pic of that 'Cuda looks familiar.. did you have it up for sale on craig's list??

I did. It's a bit too small for me and was a relatively recent pick up from Craigslist for next to nothing. I was going to strip it for parts for the GT, but couldn't bring myself to break it up. It appears all original and looks like it had an easy life. I just wish it was a touch bigger. I've been using it as my tow bike for my kid's trail-a-bike but I moved the hitch over to a low-end fat bike yesterday and, now it really has no role.

I'm a bit of a hoarder of 2 wheeled vehicles, but I've been trying to thin the heard. Although I picked up another kids bike on my lunch break today. My 6 year old decided she's ready for gears, how could I argue :)

Chris Nordt

I did. It's a bit too small for me and was a relatively recent pick up from Craigslist for next to nothing. I was going to strip it for parts for the GT, but couldn't bring myself to break it up. It appears all original and looks like it had an easy life. I just wish it was a touch bigger. I've been using it as my tow bike for my kid's trail-a-bike but I moved the hitch over to a low-end fat bike yesterday and, now it really has no role.

I'm a bit of a hoarder of 2 wheeled vehicles, but I've been trying to thin the heard. Although I picked up another kids bike on my lunch break today. My 6 year old decided she's ready for gears, how could I argue :)

Haha, that's awesome! I actually picked up that same Cuda for my sister-in-law about 2 years ago. Threw on some rockshox, lighter stem, and handlebar and she was good to go. Her friend mentioned getting in to biking with us and I just happened to see your Cuda, thought what are the chances that I'de find the same bike again lol. She still hasn't made up her mind about biking or not though haha.

Top Bottom