Vintage bike forum??

As seen in Texas.

IMG_1865.JPG

This was my first mtb. In a size 17.
Had this been a 17 inch frame.I would have bought it. The guy seemed a bit turned off from my low ball offer. Clearly it need a bar and stem replacement.View attachment 229608View attachment 229609 https://www.ebay.com/itm/2350054278...XLuiLoeRS2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I'm keeping my first Fisher for the same reason. This one is minty, except for bars, there's another with a suspension fork but not as nice.https://www.ebay.com/itm/393640780617?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=My2uCxoUSNi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=-Jul2stbRP-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I'm keeping my first Fisher for the same reason. This one is minty, except for bars, there's another with a suspension fork but not as nice.https://www.ebay.com/itm/393640780617?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=My2uCxoUSNi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=-Jul2stbRP-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Did some research and they didn't make a 17 frame in that year. So I guess I must have had an 18inch frame.
I still wouldn't pay that much for something that's likely to never be ridden.
If anyone is interested he declined $450.

My first MTB was a ‘93 Giant Sedona like this one. Rode the wheels off of it for a month and was already looking for a better bike when the bike shop called and offered to buy it back for almost what I paid for it. Came across one for sale a couple years ago, asked him if he was interested in any trades and he said he would knock $10 off if I also gave him a complete working bike of equal or better value. Lol, yeah sure. I’m nostalgic but not that nostalgic, sheesh. And yeah, it would have hardly been used.
IMG_2437.jpeg

Bought a used Cannondale M1000 with a Manitou 1 from a bike shop owner to replace it. Still have the frame but that bike got the snot rattled out of it at Wissahickon regularly.

My Odd Trick Star, made without the rear frame stands or coaster bracket. Only one I ever saw like it, know of one other with no framestands but has the coaster bracket. The friend I got it from, got it at a Hutch show in the ‘80’s. I occasionally asked him to sell it to me until he did in the early ‘90’s. He had painted it red, I removed the paint and polished up the original chrome. I wanted it because it didn’t have the standers, those things were useless and got in the way. This frame was the last BMX one I built up before I started riding MTB. Actually let my brother ride it at Wissahickon for a few months until he got a proper MTB. Fun times!

Had bought a white Trick Star new in 1984, loved the geometry but hated the stands. Traded it away for an ‘84 Haro Master that I wish I still had.

IMG_4898.jpeg
IMG_4902.jpeg

My Odd Trick Star, made without the rear frame stands or coaster bracket. Only one I ever saw like it, know of one other with no framestands but has the coaster bracket. The friend I got it from, got it at a Hutch show in the ‘80’s. I occasionally asked him to sell it to me until he did in the early ‘90’s. He had painted it red, I removed the paint and polished up the original chrome. I wanted it because it didn’t have the standers, those things were useless and got in the way. This frame was the last BMX one I built up before I started riding MTB. Actually let my brother ride it at Wissahickon for a few months until he got a proper MTB. Fun times!

Had bought a white Trick Star new in 1984, loved the geometry but hated the stands. Traded it away for an ‘84 Haro Master that I wish I still had.

View attachment 230661View attachment 230662
I. Love. It!

Back
Top Bottom