Used Road/Trainer tires

ChrisRU

I finally pulled the trigger on a trainer setup. I'm going to be using my mountain bike on it for now. Its my understanding that a 29er rim is the same as 700c rim, usually just a bit wider? My rim is 20mm wide so im not sure a 23c width would work, so something wider would probably be better.

Does anyone have any used, wider road tires laying around? For use on a trainer with a tube so i'm not too worried if they have been patched or whatever.

Looking for a cheap or free alternative to buying a new tire for this purpose. I will pick up from you. I can also meet at the Horseshoe Scramble races this weekend.

Thanks for looking :popcorn:

I got a bunch. No idea about the width or if this will actually work. I'll try to remember to bring them. Which means I'll likely forget...

That'd be a rough trainer ride. At least until the knobs wear off...

Awesome thanks guys.

Norm, I'm interested to see if it works as well. I'll shoot you a text if I remember.

Rob, I'll try to road tires first and see how they work out.

The tires on your mom's hybrid will work well.

700 x 38 ish should do. The slicker the better

Thanks all. J, If I can't get anything that works I'll be coming down to the shop to get set up, mom rides a 26" :D

aefc117b-6a9b-f632.jpg

I got some 700x23's from norm and mounted one on my rear wheel and it hooked up without a hitch. It works great, thanks for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom