Used cars Subaru WRX

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I tried getting my daughter to bite but no go. All she keeps sending is 10k+ cars. I told her you get what you get, she isn't talking to me.

Its really clean and I bought from one of the owners before. Still have the other car to boot.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Used car shopping sucks.

We backed off the WRX for most of the reasons listed above. In general, inventory is brutal, especially in our price range. I have driven to almost every car dealership in Sussex and hit parts of Warren and Morris. Either nothing on the lots, and what is there seems over priced and beat to shit. Most of the used car lots don't even have prices on the cars, and I'm not about to go down the rabbit whole of "Ask a Salesman". On line is not much better. Listings are overpriced though dealers, or the car was "just sold" and FSBO seems non existent. Ironically, once you expand search out of NJ, options open up, but at the risk of hours of driving...

Checking out a Dodge Dart tomorrow. Never knew they had really good safety ratings, they seem pretty reliable and get great gas mileage :shrug:
Pretty funny going from a WRX to a Dodge Dart? How about a BMW? The E46s are pretty reliable and cheap now.

Reactions: don

Shaggz

A strong 7
Its really clean and I bought from one of the owners before. Still have the other car to boot.
Thanks for the tip. We drove by, car was a little too small for our liking.

Pretty funny going from a WRX to a Dodge Dart? How about a BMW? The E46s are pretty reliable and cheap now.
This thread was a great conversation starter at home - WRX came off the list right quick. We finally settled on a '10 Mazda 3 hatchback. Clean, well maintained, one owner, clean car fax, title, etc. It looks sporty enough without being sporty and it checks off all the safety and reliability boxes. If all goes as planned, it will be in the driveway tomorrow night.

Thanks for all the advice and feedback.

iman29

Thanks for the tip. We drove by, car was a little too small for our liking.

This thread was a great conversation starter at home - WRX came off the list right quick. We finally settled on a '10 Mazda 3 hatchback. Clean, well maintained, one owner, clean car fax, title, etc. It looks sporty enough without being sporty and it checks off all the safety and reliability boxes. If all goes as planned, it will be in the driveway tomorrow night.

Thanks for all the advice and feedback.
Good choice ! neighbors kid has 4 door Mazda 3 and he made it more sporty by spraying the wheels with plasti-dip now it looks more murdered out since car is black.

Pictures here please or car spotting thread. ?

and good luck to your new driver!

Top Bottom