USB/Cordless compressors

mattsrabbit

Heya folks, does anyone have any experience with those USB rechargeable, kinda handheld cordless compressors? Do any of them work to actually dial in a specific PSI?

No, but i have a Milwaukee M12 cordless inflator and I pretty much never use my large compressor anymore. It will accurately fill a tire and even seat a bead. Even the cheaper Ryobi one would likely be a better buy long term than something USB based.

I have the ryobi inflator (both high pressure and high volume versions)
The dial is a rough indication of the pressure, always wanted to add a second gauge, but fatbike, so use rule of thumb.
Meaning press thumb into tire, make satisfied face.

Y6ENH6c.gif

No, but i have a Milwaukee M12 cordless inflator and I pretty much never use my large compressor anymore. It will accurately fill a tire and even seat a bead. Even the cheaper Ryobi one would likely be a better buy long term than something USB based.
It's a little expensive, but a awesome piece of gear. If you already have the m12 batts its a no brainer.

That's $20 better spent elsewhere, like a high accuracy gauge ;)

I'm all set from 4x4 to fat bike - 30gal shop compressor, a Lezyne travel floor pump, 12V mini compressor that clips to a vehicle's battery terminals, and Micro Floor XL in the fat bike frame bag. I always use an accurate gauge, +/-2psi on the fat bike is a lot.

That Ryobi inflator is good to have for car tires. I bought the same one a couple years ago at HD after Christmas sale pretty cheap, you can fill a car tire from nearly flat to 35psi fairly quick without using much of the battery up.
I’ve never tried to seat a bike tire with it, I’ll have to give it a shot.

I have a new makita inflator for sale if you perhaps have their 18v batteries.

Thank you for sharing! I have an HDD where I install all the apps I use on my computer. I was having some problems with launching some apps because some data was not found, so after reinstalling the app, everything started to work correctly. I started to have such an error more often, so I decided to use some hard drive recovery services. I found out that the HDD I was using was corrupted, and the viruses were deleting some files. Luckily, I found out what was causing the errors while opening the apps on my computer.

Thank you for sharing! I have an HDD where I install all the apps I use on my computer. I was having some problems with launching some apps because some data was not found, so after reinstalling the app, everything started to work correctly. I started to have such an error more often, so I decided to use some hard drive recovery services. I found out that the HDD I was using was corrupted, and the viruses were deleting some files. Luckily, I found out what was causing the errors while opening the apps on my computer.
Probably shouldn’t be using a compressor on your computer dude…😎

Heya folks, does anyone have any experience with those USB rechargeable, kinda handheld cordless compressors? Do any of them work to actually dial in a specific PSI?
I actually have one. They're very underpowered and take forever (hand pump is faster) and very loud, but you can set it to a certain PSI and wait 10 minutes and maybe your tire is inflated. The PSI's off by about 6, so I just use math. It also works as a gauge. I've tried up to 71 psi on my van tires. It's supposed to do up to 120psi. Mostly I'll take it with me bike packing as a spare battery (it will charge your phone), flashlight and emergency compressor. It's nice if it's super hot or cold out. You can just run it and cook dinner while your tire inflates.

Something like this:

iu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom