Un-official Otto's Cyclocross Practice Thread

Yup! Once it gets darker Dan will start setting up earlier. Or you can show up earlier and help him set up or do your part to help break down :)

I think anyone can agree that has done Otto's CX Practice, Dan does an awesome job to simulate as close as you can to a cross race; stakes, tape, real wooden barriers, metal cut down beams in the middle of a gravel parking lot, the works. Everything except importing cowbells and fans. sometimes people even heckle at the bleacher bench, so maybe it is almost a real race.

Anyway, at the end of last week while we were cleaning up stakes and tape, (we all were at least taking one handfull of stakes and tape... right? ;)) Dan was saying that he was running a little low on caution tape. Can we all try and bring a roll to help the cause? It's barely $6 a roll.

I think anyone can agree that has done Otto's CX Practice, Dan does an awesome job to simulate as close as you can to a cross race; stakes, tape, real wooden barriers, metal cut down beams in the middle of a gravel parking lot, the works. Everything except importing cowbells and fans. sometimes people even heckle at the bleacher bench, so maybe it is almost a real race.

Anyway, at the end of last week while we were cleaning up stakes and tape, (we all were at least taking one handfull of stakes and tape... right? ;)) Dan was saying that he was running a little low on caution tape. Can we all try and bring a roll to help the cause? It's barely $6 a roll.

I won't likely be able to get to these practices anytime soon - but having enjoyed them in the past I would love to donate some tape - do you have a contact for Dan so I can pass some $$ his way for supplies?

sadly i know where he lives but not his phone number. @Dan speak up!

EDIT: I can be a local pickup/drop off/ship to location for this if it helps.

Last edited:
Matt, found this photo of you too:
12036800_10154186035223625_7663265614382806160_n.jpg

I picked up my two rolls yesterdee

I remember seeing that dog and thinking it was Suki

Back
Top Bottom