Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, it’s been a year! So much has happened. We sold our home in NJ, left dream job, relocated to Middletown, Md and lots of stress. That’s life though…
Regret? No, homesick, miss the scene? A bit but my new town is great. Seriously, everyone refers to it as Mayberry. It’s got a plethora of young families, cycling scene is lit, kids can play outside with no worry all the time and… we can bike to icecream, walk for a date night or chill on the back deck.
Some of the tough stuff? I don’t enjoy what I used to as much(career wise), been depressed a bit(family is great but my head isn’t right), financials are fine yet I always worry. I have it all yet feel empty sometimes. We purchased the Pa house outright from my sisters…ah…anywho, I am trying to keep my head up. Cycling really is my safe place…I will never stop riding until I am top soil…enjoy some photos…
4AA2755A-4C45-4DD7-8215-0889B1FD631F.jpeg
651082A1-C6FD-43DC-B52C-F8EBB40BF394.jpeg
041C323F-9435-469D-B285-FFB21D218FA4.jpeg
D36C13A7-E3FB-42C8-87DF-DBE001214809.jpeg
1CD2C466-00FB-436E-B44E-50A2B248CB73.jpeg
FDE45070-3D18-4C90-A3B1-578347E5F0A7.jpeg
476B824E-6AA0-4BC3-94B1-D37CB5747E9C.jpeg

Attachments

• 2D2E8BD4-2088-4018-915E-67C431159D29.jpeg
    2D2E8BD4-2088-4018-915E-67C431159D29.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 77
Oh boy, it’s been a year! So much has happened. We sold our home in NJ, left dream job, relocated to Middletown, Md and lots of stress. That’s life though…
Regret? No, homesick, miss the scene? A bit but my new town is great. Seriously, everyone refers to it as Mayberry. It’s got a plethora of young families, cycling scene is lit, kids can play outside with no worry all the time and… we can bike to icecream, walk for a date night or chill on the back deck.
Some of the tough stuff? I don’t enjoy what I used to as much(career wise), been depressed a bit(family is great but my head isn’t right), financials are fine yet I always worry. I have it all yet feel empty sometimes. We purchased the Pa house outright from my sisters…ah…anywho, I am trying to keep my head up. Cycling really is my safe place…I will never stop riding until I am top soil…enjoy some photos…View attachment 189395View attachment 189396View attachment 189397View attachment 189399View attachment 189400View attachment 189401View attachment 189402

Attachments

• D0199C89-F63C-4EAD-ACFB-03E53BF19841.jpeg
    D0199C89-F63C-4EAD-ACFB-03E53BF19841.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 1DC69041-1FF6-4F33-8C7B-EDE576DAFFC3.jpeg
    1DC69041-1FF6-4F33-8C7B-EDE576DAFFC3.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 25B284A4-3A3E-4D29-B16B-669EDA7BDF22.jpeg
    25B284A4-3A3E-4D29-B16B-669EDA7BDF22.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 62D2E1B3-69BB-4436-B230-A1D476A7AF39.jpeg
    62D2E1B3-69BB-4436-B230-A1D476A7AF39.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 338AFB1D-66EF-4827-A90D-9CEB7BDB3D7F.jpeg
    338AFB1D-66EF-4827-A90D-9CEB7BDB3D7F.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 87
  • F2588695-13BD-4BF7-920A-D94D51B1C50F.jpeg
    F2588695-13BD-4BF7-920A-D94D51B1C50F.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
  • BB49B85A-1216-489C-A6CD-E5B99B1819FA.jpeg
    BB49B85A-1216-489C-A6CD-E5B99B1819FA.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 96
  • D0129989-59C4-4B40-A1B2-203EA0AE5411.jpeg
    D0129989-59C4-4B40-A1B2-203EA0AE5411.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 95
  • 914EF1AB-6036-42DB-9578-C501D690E4B7.jpeg
    914EF1AB-6036-42DB-9578-C501D690E4B7.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 09D91A82-716F-4CCB-B343-6C2A7F1ECB6B.jpeg
    09D91A82-716F-4CCB-B343-6C2A7F1ECB6B.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 90
You've been through so much in a short time and still stand tall.
I'm proud of you, cause you+fam made a decision and went for it. FWIW.

Got a thing going on, seek some pro help - tell your GP, they'll hook you up with the right dr.
Talk to your wife too - team effort. we (guys?) don't always think about it that way for certain things.

took me a really long time to realize the team thing, cause couldn't show any weakness.
Life changing.

You've been through so much in a short time and still stand tall.
I'm proud of you, cause you+fam made a decision and went for it. FWIW.

Got a thing going on, seek some pro help - tell your GP, they'll hook you up with the right dr.
Talk to your wife too - team effort. we (guys?) don't always think about it that way for certain things.

took me a really long time to realize the team thing, cause couldn't show any weakness.
Life changing.
Thanks. I’m a team player at home…I just vent on the intranets…I think being the executor for my parents will has been extremely exhausting as well.

Some of the tough stuff? I don’t enjoy what I used to as much(career wise), been depressed a bit(family is great but my head isn’t right), financials are fine yet I always worry. I have it all yet feel empty sometimes. We purchased the Pa house outright from my sisters…ah…anywho, I am trying to keep my head up. Cycling really is my safe place…I will never stop riding until I am top soil…enjoy some photos…View attachment 189395View attachment 189396View attachment 189397View attachment 189399View attachment 189400View attachment 189401View attachment 189402

Keep going

The BIG MOVE update: 2022 was a very stressful year…and 2023 is starting out the same. I say this as an open book and consider MTBNJ my family. I won’t lie…I’ve been struggling. I’ll put some of it here but will add more/the rest when I have time.
I’ve had some selfish thoughts of moving the family back to NJ. More because I am extremely sad/depressed. In a heartbeat I could have my old job back and in my mind it would be the greenest grass ever.(probably not but that’s how it feels when i think about it). I live in a truly fantastic town called Middletown, Md. i have a 3200 sq foot house on a cul de sac where the kids can bike to school, come home and play with a dozen plus friends in front of the house. I have a second house owned outright in Pa on 42 acres. I have the money to take care of both plus good income. Guess what? It doesn’t matter when you are depressed. I want ro fix it but not sure how. No, the big S is not a thing for me unless it just means sad. I get along well with my wife, neighbors etc but something is missing. I loathe my current job but feel ad the sole provider it’s difficult to change quickly. Sorry to cur it short but i have a class now…to be continued…

The BIG MOVE update: 2022 was a very stressful year…and 2023 is starting out the same. I say this as an open book and consider MTBNJ my family. I won’t lie…I’ve been struggling. I’ll put some of it here but will add more/the rest when I have time.
I’ve had some selfish thoughts of moving the family back to NJ. More because I am extremely sad/depressed. In a heartbeat I could have my old job back and in my mind it would be the greenest grass ever.(probably not but that’s how it feels when i think about it). I live in a truly fantastic town called Middletown, Md. i have a 3200 sq foot house on a cul de sac where the kids can bike to school, come home and play with a dozen plus friends in front of the house. I have a second house owned outright in Pa on 42 acres. I have the money to take care of both plus good income. Guess what? It doesn’t matter when you are depressed. I want ro fix it but not sure how. No, the big S is not a thing for me unless it just means sad. I get along well with my wife, neighbors etc but something is missing. I loathe my current job but feel ad the sole provider it’s difficult to change quickly. Sorry to cur it short but i have a class now…to be continued…
I feel for you buddy. Not sure a move will fix anything, just like to move down there might not of either - in fact it may add more stress?

Maybe grab five sessions or so and go talk to someone? Maybe make some adjustments - not sure where but I think that is where the pro comes in. And number one - drop the sauce - I know it is hard but I have had two people close to me that went through similar things - when they dropped the sauce and were off it for months their mental state turned for the better.

I feel for you buddy. Not sure a move will fix anything, just like to move down there might not of either - in fact it may add more stress?

Maybe grab five sessions or so and go talk to someone? Maybe make some adjustments - not sure where but I think that is where the pro comes in. And number one - drop the sauce - I know it is hard but I have had two people close to me that went through similar things - when they dropped the sauce and were off it for months their mental state turned for the better.
I need to define with myself the term "breathe" as that is my struggle. I'm not giving my mind any time to process and thus physically exhausting myself. It's really tough when you can't stop thinking. Naps seem impossible as I am always analyzing in my head.

as someone who relocated as well, is this a case of reminiscing about the old times? Moving at this point in your life, you miss the established relationships you built. You’re starting over again. Sure you get along with your neighbors and stuff but it’s not the same. Im certainly not feeling the way you are, but I deeply miss the bonds created from this forum and lifelong friends I had in NJ.

I’ve certainly meshed with people here in the hobby but ya, it’s not the same. The 10+ years of suffering and adventures I’ve done with my OG riding buddies doesn’t just come back at this point.

If you hate your job get another one, don’t give up.

And yes, singlespeed is still slower

Well, a couple months have gone by and still feeling kinda the same. The last two weeks were better as I was able to hang with some friends at the Mayhem race, poach the HOH ride and even manage a podium spot at Rattling Creek this weekend. The latter was no easy task weighing in at 205lbs in the morning. The Ibis Exie and plethora of rocks helped me by outweighing the climbs. That was a super fun course and I rode everything. The rocks seemed very easy to me and I made most of my time there. I guess riding the watershed helped. Now to rid myself of some pounds before hitting some more mass races and a few NUEs.

I am still looking for jobs, in Md and NJ. I feel a bit lost still. Missing old friends, old area, ocean etc. I am grateful to still see friends occasionally at races or when back in NJ. I do have a few new friends and riding buddies down here but it's a slow going process meeting new people. Everyone knows I'm an open book but I really do appreciate all of my riding buddies and racing peeps. I think as racers we all hold a bit of envy towards each other but in the end if you can't sit down and bs afterwards then you might have a problem. Hearing guys like Jesse Harodetsky in front saying "is that Turbo? Fuck that guy don't let hime buy" is great haha. I appreciate all the guys I have ridden and raced with and just name a few...Fontana, Castrillion, Mandela,Oldock, Arias, Mancuso, Odreman, Jerry etc. Seeing all these guys and having a beer after always makes it worth it.
1BE8D3B4-345D-4305-8BFE-F4B41E5A863A.jpeg

Well, a couple months have gone by and still feeling kinda the same. The last two weeks were better as I was able to hang with some friends at the Mayhem race, poach the HOH ride and even manage a podium spot at Rattling Creek this weekend. The latter was no easy task weighing in at 205lbs in the morning. The Ibis Exie and plethora of rocks helped me by outweighing the climbs. That was a super fun course and I rode everything. The rocks seemed very easy to me and I made most of my time there. I guess riding the watershed helped. Now to rid myself of some pounds before hitting some more mass races and a few NUEs.

I am still looking for jobs, in Md and NJ. I feel a bit lost still. Missing old friends, old area, ocean etc. I am grateful to still see friends occasionally at races or when back in NJ. I do have a few new friends and riding buddies down here but it's a slow going process meeting new people. Everyone knows I'm an open book but I really do appreciate all of my riding buddies and racing peeps. I think as racers we all hold a bit of envy towards each other but in the end if you can't sit down and bs afterwards then you might have a problem. Hearing guys like Jesse Harodetsky in front saying "is that Turbo? Fuck that guy don't let hime buy" is great haha. I appreciate all the guys I have ridden and raced with and just name a few...Fontana, Castrillion, Mandela,Oldock, Arias, Mancuso, Odreman, Jerry etc. Seeing all these guys and having a beer after always makes it worth it.View attachment 210731
Good seeing you Dave. Congrats on the podium.

I am still looking for jobs, in Md and NJ. I feel a bit lost still. Missing old friends, old area, ocean etc. I am grateful to still see friends occasionally at races or when back in NJ. I do have a few new friends and riding buddies down here but it's a slow going process meeting new people. Everyone knows I'm an open book but I really do appreciate all of my riding buddies and racing peeps. I think as racers we all hold a bit of envy towards each other but in the end if you can't sit down and bs afterwards then you might have a problem. Hearing guys like Jesse Harodetsky in front saying "is that Turbo? Fuck that guy don't let hime buy" is great haha. I appreciate all the guys I have ridden and raced with and just name a few...Fontana, Castrillion, Mandela,Oldock, Arias, Mancuso, Odreman, Jerry etc. Seeing all these guys and having a beer after always makes it worth it.View attachment 210731
Really solid race Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom