Trail conditions

lou_b_83

I got out today. Trails where frozen this morning in spots. As the day went on they all seem to be dry. Nice day for a ride to:D.. I am just happy that there was not soup trails.

As of today, close to a foot of snow. The top is wet snow with crunchy underneath. Snow more packed down on the roads from vehicle trafic, but did not look rideable to me yet. Good for snow shoeing.

Conditions 3/4/10

Any idea how the trails would be for this weekend? Is the melting snow a total disaster?

I have not been up to the park this week, but Sunday there was 3 feet of snow up there. By afternoon, snowmobile traffic had packed some of the roads, but with these warm temps, it will probably be a soft mess.

Not sure on the rain totals but, I would think that most of the ST's are in good shape to ride. The fire roads maybe a different story.

Manny, i am thinking of going to ringwood tomorrow. I am having issues with my tubeless set-up but should have it resolved in the morning. I can meet by 12. Let me know.

Rode Skylands and Warm Puppy this evening. They are about 90 -95 dry. Other trails, like some of the race course is still a bit wet. Should get significantly better in the next couple of days.

plus....
red to double s, double s & 6 bridges dry.
usual wet fire roads
if i recall Renegade has a couple of wet spots too, but pretty much dry

today I saw 2 big trees down, one on the switch backs on the race trail, and another on the ringwood-ramapo trail. I picked up a lot of smaller branches, but I only covered about 5miles so I'm sure there is a lot more

Thanks for the update. We will try to get some of those next week. Feel free to email any details to locations of deadfall to rvcc@jorba.org . We do not get up there every week.:)

Hands down the best ride I've ever had on a bike so far. That just happened, shake n' bake. Thank you for such an amazing park!

Any Reports?

I would guess if it warms up and melts somewhat by the weekend, the fireroads will be mush.
Whattya think about the trails?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions