Trail Building Saturday April 23rd

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Trail Building resumes this year at Lew Mo. We weren't able to open the new 1/2 mile trail section last fall. Hoping to get it done at April's date, if not May's for sure. Once we finish this section we're aiming to build yet another new trail section this summer.

Hope those of you who ride Lew Mo frequently will chip in!
  • Note for High Schoolers: If you're looking to beef up your resume before applying to colleges, this is a great way to earn community service/volunteer hours.
  • Note for Racers: This work is eligible for PayDirt points.
Where and when to meet:

If you didn't join us on the prior dates or don't know your way around Lewis Morris park, then meet at the Sunrise Lake Boathouse by 8:00AM sharp on Sat, April 9th. Address is 270 Mendham Road, Morristown (about 3 miles west of Morristown center). Enter the main park road and keep making right turns until you get to the Sunrise Lake Boathouse.

After meeting at 8:00, we will drive (caravan) to the interior of the park, close to the work site, so that we can begin work at 8:30. We'll be done by 11:30. Steady rain cancels.

If you joined us on the prior dates, or you know your way around Lewis Morris park, enter Lewis Morris from the south entrance off Tempe Wicke road, and drive up the dirt road until the 2nd parking lot. This is the lot just before the Campground. Drive slowly out of respect for other trail/dirt road users. Don't park in the campground. Be at the parking lot at 8:20 sharp.

What to bring: Bring bug repellent if it's warm out and wear long sleeves/pants if necessary as we will be working in the woods off the current trail. No tools or gloves needed, these will be supplied, as will water and snacks.

Requirements: All new volunteers will be required to sign liability waivers. These will be provided at the trail date. Those who attended prior trail dates will not need to.

Please email me (or confirm by responding to this thread) if you can come so I have a count of how many to expect and where you'll be meeting us.

Hope to see you there!

No takers, eh? I guess no one really rides Lew Mo. :D In any case, date is corrected to be 23rd. All else the same.

Miguel/Stephen/Eric thanks for the email confirms. See you there.

No takers, eh? I guess no one really rides Lew Mo. :D In any case, date is corrected to be 23rd. All else the same.

Miguel/Stephen/Eric thanks for the email confirms. See you there.

yup, i hate lew'mo. see you then :D

I'll see you guys there, but I'm gonna go right to the back parking lot so I can sleep an extra fifteen minutes.

Looks like a good crew for tomorrow...about 10 at last count...should be able to get a lot of work done! Sorry I can't join you Jim for the ride. Have a gathering at my house after lunch. See you there!

Its open! Go ride it and pack it down!

20160423_085552.jpg
20160423_133040.jpg
20160423_133311.jpg

20160423_133513.jpg

20160423_133707.jpg
20160423_133639.jpg

20160423_133634.jpg
Screenshot_20160423-151946.jpg

Screenshot_20160423-152204.png

Rode it in both directions with Bowmaster today. Nice climb and will be a very nice descent when it breaks in. Nice job guys!

thanks for pointing it out to me - I *may* have missed it since I was just starting to climb. Rode it in both directions. great work guys!

Many thanks to everyone for an awesome turnout today!! 14 volunteers toiled to got the new trail completed, plus one rider who stopped his ride to chip in for a short while. We'll get back at next trail date for some fine tuning and benching on the upper section but go ahead and burn it in!!

Props and thanks to today's crew: Miguel, Stephen M, Stephen S, Bobby Ru, David, Norm, Eric, Kenny, Tom, JimN, Shaun, Joe K, and Sven.

Once Shaun sends pics, we'll post them up. here are a couple more:

0423161128_zps2rncmfrq.jpg

0423161128a_zps6yqpnllt.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions