Trade: 1up Quik rack Single for 1up Heavy duty Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looking to trade my internet famous rack with fatbike kit, custom lights, & maybe some cash for heavy/super duty single.

If you don't need the fatbike kit, i have the old hardware.
If you don't have a 7 pin trailer hitch, I can switch it to 4, and remove the b/u lights.

Looking to trade my internet famous rack with fatbike kit, custom lights, & maybe some cash for heavy/super duty single.

If you don't need the fatbike kit, i have the old hardware.
If you don't have a 7 pin trailer hitch, I can switch it to 4, and remove the b/u lights.

Because e-bike?

You sure you need the Heavy Duty? I've been carrying my ebike (~46 lbs.) on my 12+ year old standard duty rack for over 2 years now and it's been fine. Does your new Shuttle weigh more than that?

I have the 1-1/4 hitch. I just put a 2inch hitch on my GTI. Can I just buy that instead of using the adapter?
Yeap.

It has a slot for a hitch pin/lock like every other rack out there so you're not just relying on some velcro strap and the tension to hold it in the rack. Plus less wobble and stronger.

Was it the type of hitch that bolts up where the bumper bolts up? 2" is uncommon on cars.

That's basically the same one I put on my Fit. I replaced the generic Curt hitch with it. Way nicer quality and the 2" is much more secure.

Install sucks and not cheap but definitely the way to go.

That's basically the same one I put on my Fit. I replaced the generic Curt hitch with it. Way nicer quality and the 2" is much more secure.

Install sucks and not cheap but definitely the way to go.
is using that lower portion which you linked, with the 2 inch hitch, more secure than the 1-1/4 with the adapter? That's when I have now and it's still way more secure than the 1-1/4. But if this now lower is noticeably more secure, I'll buy it.

is using that lower portion which you linked, with the 2 inch hitch, more secure than the 1-1/4 with the adapter? That's when I have now and it's still way more secure than the 1-1/4. But if this now lower is noticeably more secure, I'll buy it.
It’s much more solid. Less wobble.

It allows using a hitch pin or lock as only the 2" has a cutout. So it's definitely more secure as if it loses tension and slides it won't fall out.

I can't say if there's noticeably less wobble. Both when you tension them should be relatively stiff.

It allows using a hitch pin or lock as only the 2" has a cutout. So it's definitely more secure as if it loses tension and slides it won't fall out.

I can't say if there's noticeably less wobble. Both when you tension them should be relatively stiff.

The super duty is rated for 75lbs. If the only difference is the size of the draws bar, then I don't really need it. Although I thought the motera bent a bolt and one of the bars to hold the wheel

Are the add ons different? I'm driving right now.

You sure you need the Heavy Duty? I've been carrying my ebike (~46 lbs.) on my 12+ year old standard duty rack for over 2 years now and it's been fine. Does your new Shuttle weigh more than that?

A little more

Your current rack will hold the ebike no problem, if it is the only bike on the rack and if you aren’t doing bumpy roads. That’s what I was told by 1up and holds true from my experience.

Now after getting the 2” version super duty, it’s way better for both ebikes and non-e. I’d personally just buy the new hitch insert with side plates. And add the extra support bar underneath if that makes you feel better.

Your current rack will hold the ebike no problem, if it is the only bike on the rack and if you aren’t doing bumpy roads. That’s what I was told by 1up and holds true from my experience.
Actually that's very true. You just reminded me that when I got my ebike I went and ordered the super duty version. By the time I got the new rack I had learned that I didn't need to do that as my current rack (1-1/4" standard) would carry it just fine. 2+ years later of transporting that ebike around its still doing great. So I sold the super duty rack brand new unopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom