Tourne snow / ice ride 3/1

Thin Diesel

Meet 9am @ 1st lot past gate on McCaffrey lane. Conditions have improved drastically this week. May be rideable on regular MTB but FAT tires open up more possibilities.

Lots of foot traffic has made a path on most trails. Rideable but slippery at times. The snow off of the trails is pretty dense and rideable as well, in many areas. These surfaces are incredibly fun to navigate.

Blad and I will be there. HPSP too far for my schedule unfortunately, will give that a go next weekend.

Awesome ride yesterday gents. Conditions like that are rare. Here's a pic from Blad from on the lake. Rob, post up the pics from your camera too.

Blad10_zps56a72c58.jpg

It looks like conditions were pretty good at Tourne. I have to there again. I ended up going to High Point since I've been waiting to check that place for a while and I wanted to ride in the trails that njkayaker showed in his video.

Thanks guys for joining me on that adventure. Conditions were "go anywhere" perfect. What a blast. Too bad the swamp didn't work out. It's pretty awesome riding the swamp but it's pulled me in twice already this season. At least this time I was able to pedal home before my boot laces froze!

BTW: sub freezing temps are forecasted for this week - I will be venturing back for more. No more swamp though.

PS: the chimney in the picture was happened upon quite unexpectedly. I've been riding Tourne a long time but never knew it was there.

PPS: Pampa you would have had the best time with your studs. We encountered several unexpected ice patches that tested our skills, especially while bombing downhill through tree stands.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom