Attachments

• the_tourne.jpg
    the_tourne.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 1,783
J

Jerryg

Returning to the Tourne

All,

I hope you can help. I am coming back to visit my folks and plan on riding at the Tourne, last time I was there had to be 10 years ago. I alway started by the softball field. Any suggestions on new/improved trails? Better maps than those posted previously?

Living in New England now I tend to ride more ski hills like Killington,Attitash and a killer local spot called Lynn Woods ( 2 miles from my house!) but I got my start at The Tourne and can't wait to get back.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd be happy to reciprocate should any of you fine folks make your way up North.

Peace

J

Jerryg

Much thanks!

From a fellow DeadHead even! Weather depending I plan on riding Sunday probably late morning. I'll post again before I get there, maybe that day/time will work for you.

I will be staying in Parsippany so it is just a hop and a skip away. Is there still that singetrack trail offof the path from the top of Tourne Mountain?

Thanks for the response and map help!

Shaggz

A strong 7
the hair and van days are gone, but the spirit lives on! how long are you down for? family obligations got me on sunday.

the st at the top is still there. lewis morris is worth a looksee since you are in the area.

J

Jerryg

Good for you

Leaving late tomorrow night from North of Boston, staying through Monday afternoon. I was actually considering LM but I recall many restrictions on where one can ride from my past rides there. Again, this goes back over 10 years. Used to ride all over that place and than hit Patriots Path for some "organically enhanced" riding:) !

Given family stuff I think Sunday is my day.

Shaggz

A strong 7
LM is totally open, as is PP. there are some recent posts in the rides board that have good aerials w/gps overlays. jason, the moderator pieced together a nice 13 mile loop.

We gotta motley crew going out on monday for a fun ride at mahlon dickerson, but sounds like it won't work for you. let us know the next time you come down.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jerryg said:
Living in New England now I tend to ride more ski hills like Killington,Attitash and a killer local spot called Lynn Woods ( 2 miles from my house!)

No kidding? I rode Lynn Woods before. Friend of mine lives in Topsfield. Have also ridden a place he calls Vietnam - not sure the real name but it's got tone of huge rocks and it's almost a low-grade trials park. I went down hard in that place once, which hurts more because everything is freaking rock!

Vietnam

No kidding? I rode Lynn Woods before. Friend of mine lives in Topsfield. Have also ridden a place he calls Vietnam - not sure the real name but it's got tone of huge rocks and it's almost a low-grade trials park. I went down hard in that place once, which hurts more because everything is freaking rock!

Vietnam's in Hopkinton, off 495. Haven't been there yet but my brother lives near-by. NEMBA should have trailmaps and directions on their web-site.

freeride

top of the tourne

Are bicycles allowed at the top of the tourne? I was there recently and saw one gated area near t-o-t-t and said no bikes, but it was only one gated area

also: leaving tourne there's a facokckta maize fence, does that mean no bikes allowed? on the other side of the fence there was this sign, but did not indicate if bikes are allowed
asas.jpg

BananaFred

Is there an updated map with the green trails. Btw great addition and in keeping with the blue rated trail vibe of tourne.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
We are still waiting to finish the construction of the final section and then blaze the trails. The trails will be posted to trailforks once that is completed.
Excellent work. I sampled them last weekend. Between the mid mountain orange loop and this new green trail section you and your crew have transformed Tourne.

You’ve given it a Ringwood-esque feel for those in the Morristown/Parsippany/Boonton area without having to drive too far.

“Mo’ Tech, Less Trek!” Thank you!!

I did notice on my last ride there a number of pink bands on trees in this area…see pink line.

IMG_9184.jpeg

Are there plans to reroute the adjacent section of red trail? Wouldn’t be a bad thing since the current section of red has widened considerably over the years

Berms&Boofs

Are there plans to reroute the adjacent section of red trail? Wouldn’t be a bad thing since the current section of red has widened considerably over the years
Thank you for the feedback. I am not sure what the flags are about. Probably hunters but I can ask Amy next time we talk to her.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions