Tourne County Park Conditions

Yeah. A dog walker told me it was a crazy lady. Quite a bit different than what actually occurred. Yikes.

Funny how police activity and "shots fired" at Tourne doesn't even make the news, but the there's a million stories about the freaking bear.

Funny how police activity and "shots fired" at Tourne doesn't even make the news, but the there's a million stories about the freaking bear.
Probably don't want to scare people from coming to the park. When @TommyF and I were there we didn't hear 1 siren.

Great conditions today! Everything’s was tacky . Thanks to the trail crew for the new trails and for clearing those trees so quickly.
Get out there before the weekend washout.

what are the odds that Tourne is rideable 3PM on Saturday afternoon (asking for a friend) ? Dries pretty well and mostly rocks anyway.

what are the odds that Tourne is rideable 3PM on Saturday afternoon (asking for a friend) ? Dries pretty well and mostly rocks anyway.
Boonton Twp had heavy rains last night and is in a flood watch now (1"+ more of rain expected through 2 PM on Saturday). The lower trails (white, blue, purple, teal) will likely be muddy in places. The upper trails will depend on how much rain we actually get. Saturday could be iffy. Sunday should be fine.

Does anyone know the current conditions after this last storm? Planning on a ride Thursday or Friday…

Around 20% of the park had frost crystals in the dirt this morning. It's probably going to be a mess above freezing for a few days. Some trails are fine but it would be hard to make a decent loop without riding mud above freezing. Purple had more of a stream running through it. Best to go early for the next few days.

Rode today in the AM … all was frozen with exception of white… deep in spots… best to avoid!

Stay up high, park at the playground, anything down low will be a muddy mess.
I walked blue, green and part of red today. All the trails were still too soft. Red was covered in water. Tourne still needs another day or so to dry for the higher trails. The lower trails will probably be flooded through the weekend.

Also another inch + of rain tomorrow
giphy.gif

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions