Top O Skyline 8:00

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Heading out of tos for a snow ride tomorrow at 8 if anyone is around. bring your warm mittens.

I rode from Barbra Drive up to Skyline yesterday. 2-3” of very slushy snow below the lake and about 3-5” above the lake. Which made yellow too slippery to climb, so I took the road. I came down yellow which had me walking very steep stuff.

I can’t even guess todays conditions, hopefully it will crust up and give some bit for climbing.

Fire roads around the lake are rideable and up to castle is slippery and slow going but ridable.

Part two of my root canal this morning or I’d tag along.

How was TOS today ???

I hiked Harriman today and it was pretty icy with 3-4 inches of icy snow. Will make a great ski base if we get another 6 inches tomorrow :rolleyes:

yeah Ellen, at this point skyline is more suited for skiing then mtbing. I lasted 10 minutes in 3-5" of breakable crust. If we get more snow I'm busting out my ski's, i have beaters for thin cover.

I was wondering how you made out with this. I went out on my local trails early today and there was only a couple inches with crust which made for some tougher than usual climbing. when u hit a section with no snow it felt like you were flying.

Back
Top Bottom