TM at Round Valley

jenny boots

Trail Maintenance at Round Valley, 4/5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I'm going to be leading a TM session at RV tomorrow, 4/5 at 8:30 am. If you are interested in joining please email me at radase@embarqmail.com or just show up. I will be parked in the main lot (make first right after the ranger station). Look for an ugly green van and a Giant Trance. You will need to sign in at the front desk first.

Please bring the following:

1. Gloves
2. Water
3. Mountain Bike (or you can hike)

Thanks,

Bob
RV JORBA Chapter Leader

Unfortunately I can't make it, but you may know the answer to this question so I'll ask it here: Is it true that the trail beginning by the boat launch along the riprap is closed to bicycles? I thought I remembered seeing a sign on the gate prohibiting it. I've hiked that trail while fishing and I know it leads to the other boat launch by the ranger station. It looks like fun in there.

Need more heads up on these things to get much attendance.

yes the trail between the fishing lot and camping lot is closed to bikes. I saw the sign at the camp lot side several weeks ago, banning bikes from the lake edge trail. and that is the only decent one there. there is a boring connector trail through the pine trees, like a fire road, that goes from the picnic area to the camping lot. back in the day, that lake edge trail was fun. it was a nice spot to do a quick dip on a hot summer day after a full loop of the valley. of course you didn't hear that bit about the dip from me. just make sure you don't let the rangers snag you in the water. my wife and i were enjoying a sneak swim way in the back last summer, east end by round mountain road gate, when i spotted a reflection in the woods from what i thought was the ranger vehicle on the camp access road. we quickly found a spot on a nearby rock to dry off. there we are, dripping wet, and the ranger comes walking out of the woods. but we were not in the water, so he couldn't to anything. he did proceed to write up tickets to a bunch of boaters who beached in the area and were swimming. last i heard , that was a $50 dollar hit. lots of places to enjoy a nice dip there, and the water is so clear.

The loop I do starts at the Boat Launch lot and goes to the sign that says "trail closed". Then I turn around and do it all backwards.

-Jim.

I have been waiting all year for this!!! Please give a couple days (or more) notice next time. Or let me know what I can do to get TM hours in there the other 364 days of the year.

Why are all the TM sessions during the off-season when us racer-types can do them to get our "mandatory 10-hours" canceled? I smell a conspiracy:hmmm:

-Jim.

I ride this park a lot and owe it some love and tenderness. If there's some more notice next time I'll definitely plan to make it.

Why are all the TM sessions during the off-season when us racer-types can do them to get our "mandatory 10-hours" canceled? I smell a conspiracy:hmmm:

-Jim.

You should get your hours at the end of the previous year. I think I have 12 hours already and only did 1 session this year.

JORBA site has you for 4, but it also has me for 4 when I certainly have more than that. So it's not up-to-date right now. It's still early.

JORBA site has you for 4, but it also has me for 4 when I certainly have more than that. So it's not up-to-date right now. It's still early.

You have another 5 hours from Sourlands that I haven't turned in yet.

You have another 5 hours from Sourlands that I haven't turned in yet.

5 fun hours! I figured this year's stuff isn't in anywhere yet.

I noticed that the last CR session of 2008 isn't on the spreadsheet. So I don't think it's all tied up from 2008 yet.

5 fun hours! I figured this year's stuff isn't in anywhere yet.

I noticed that the last CR session of 2008 isn't on the spreadsheet. So I don't think it's all tied up from 2008 yet.

I think this year's stuff is in there through allaire (withholding SL), the stuff from CR is in the last column listed as Oct-Dec "08" I think and isn't in the totals column for 09 but is in there to count for the 09 season. That way you have 8 norm

I should have 4 from Mahlon, and (I think) 3 from CR - both from 2008. Then plus 5 from Sourlands for 2009.

I don't doubt they'll get counted right. I just don't think I see all of the 2008 hours accounted for in there unless I missed it?

I should have 4 from Mahlon, and (I think) 3 from CR - both from 2008. Then plus 5 from Sourlands for 2009.

I don't doubt they'll get counted right. I just don't think I see all of the 2008 hours accounted for in there unless I missed it?

Hmm, I think they listed MD as 2009, since I don't remember doing TM there more than once. CR was supposed to be 3 I think, but it's listed as 4 in 2008 (you have 4 there too). Yours are all there except the SL stuff which puts you at 13 total, with only 8 reported thus far.

Hmm, I think they listed MD as 2009, since I don't remember doing TM there more than once. CR was supposed to be 3 I think, but it's listed as 4 in 2008 (you have 4 there too). Yours are all there except the SL stuff which puts you at 13 total, with only 8 reported thus far.

But then check out Kirt. He did the CR session too, but he only has that 4.5 across the board. Since I drove him to the session last year we should have the same number of hours from 2008.

I think it's just in a mid-state right now and not entirely up-to-date. It'll get fixed I'm sure.

I actaully didn't send them in yet. At 1 point they didn't want the hrs until the start of 09. As I haven't had a TM yet this yr, i just forgot about them. I'll get them submitted this week. Thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom