Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will probably make it but I'll have my big bike with DH tires so I might just go solo because my climbing pace will be slothlike

BrianGT3

I'm going to try and make it out. French Creek has been cancelled Saturday. First trying to get some work done today, then I'm going to rebuild my rear wheel. Carbon rim has a pretty nasty crack so I'm going to put an old Giant PXC2 rim on the rear and go from there

IMG_20170511_090910_996.jpg

BrianGT3

yikes, is that a valor. Maybe they warranty it?

I actually think this happened during our warmup ride @ blue mtn. I got crazy sideways going over the bridge and something on the rear hit a rock. Yet the wheel has no scratches, just a crack. Thought spokes were coming loose during the race, did a chill ride @ six mile yesterday, rear felt "flexy".

It's a carbon roval. I'd be lucky to get it warrantied being that I bought the bike used. If not I'm going to do some sanding an lay in new carbon fiber and hope for the best! In the meantime back to some tried and true aluminum.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think @UtahJoe repaired a carbon rim and rode it for a while.

And then he eventually rebuilt the wheel with the warranty replacement rim. Then he gave me the rim after it sat around for awhile.

I laced it to a new hub, still riding it when that bike is setup with gears. I'm sold on the chinese carbon rims...

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In. Maybe I can get wheels down by 4:30, but will be a stretch. Don't wait up, will meet y'all in lot at 5.

Top Bottom