This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

@ maxibsplat Is there a site that tracks everyone’s pay plus hazard so we can compare risk vs reward?

Lol I really liked that name, not that I know of, my wife's unit has nurses that split time at other hospitals. That is how I've gotten the information I've provided.

Reactions: w_b
by reducing subway service, it concentrated the people on fewer trains, and accelerated the spread of the virus.
that and some nice maps blaming the mets and the 7 train, and the 4 can do nothing wrong.
I have a couple projects with NJ Transit and they were talking about how reducing service works against what you are trying to do.

Reactions: don
I have a couple projects with NJ Transit and they were talking about how reducing service works against what you are trying to do.

Which is totally contrary to what you would imagine. I personally find it hard to believe that putting more people in less space would have the end result of putting more people in less space.

It's like fucking Darwin Awards, over and over and over and over.

Which is totally contrary to what you would imagine. I personally find it hard to believe that putting more people in less space would have the end result of putting more people in less space.

It's like fucking Darwin Awards, over and over and over and over.

like closing the trails of huge parks rather than just policing the parking lot?

like closing the trails of huge parks rather than just policing the parking lot?
My “friend” informed me that the parking lots are definitely patrolled and mostly taped off but the 62.3 miles of trails he rode over the last 6 days were free from any quarantine police and or caution tape. ?

updated through the 18th
About 25 days of data - date tabs show new cases for the day - ordered by % increase
Summary tabs show some averages (averages of percentages can be misleading, but are good for trends)

NJ is right in the middle as far as growth rate (new as a percent of existing)
Some of the less densely populated states are showing higher percent growth.
That weird "wave" i mentioned about states surrounding NY/NJ continues - with
NH, OH, IL, IN, WV, MD, IA

SD, NE, ND - absolute numbers are small, percentages are growing. We know about the meat packing plant in SD as a factor.

My friend that was in the hospital is out - and working his way back.
He managed to go grocery shopping - somerville shoprite is still open late. A flight of stairs was a big effort when he first got home.
he can now stay on his feet to shop, so he was positive about that.

Another friend just cleared two weeks symptom free after testing positive. i saw her on March 11th. hmm.

Both are looking to donate plasma. :cool:

Linky - in case you want to mess with or copy - i think i got it right.

by reducing subway service, it concentrated the people on fewer trains, and accelerated the spread of the virus.
that and some nice maps blaming the mets and the 7 train, and the 4 can do nothing wrong.

Also, poorer people in the outer boros have less job security meaning less discretion about whether they can go to work, because they won't get paid. Or is that too political?

Also, poorer people in the outer boros have less job security meaning less discretion about whether they can go to work, because they won't get paid. Or is that too political?

No it’s true.

It’s also the case that poorer people live with more people to a household, are deemed essential and rarely have the opportunity to WFH, and just don’t have the money to pay for healthcare if the need arises. This assumes they have healthcare at all.

My wife went to Stop & Shop for the first time in a month. Business as usual except for the lack of food and cleaning supplies. No one keeping count of how many people in the store, no social distancing, no employees wearing masks. She said the only thing that was new was the plastic placed around the workers at the cash register to protect them. She'll be going back to Whole Foods for a while.

My wife went to Stop & Shop for the first time in a month. Business as usual except for the lack of food and cleaning supplies. No one keeping count of how many people in the store, no social distancing, no employees wearing masks. She said the only thing that was new was the plastic placed around the workers at the cash register to protect them. She'll be going back to Whole Foods for a while.
78291E01-1078-4E69-ADA4-D8D3B59E7BAE.jpeg
princeton Wegmans, 9am. The Wegmans entrance is the Second brick bump out. I’ll have to go in the shithole shop rite if this doesn’t move quickly.

Reactions: don
View attachment 126093
princeton Wegmans, 9am. The Wegmans entrance is the Second brick bump out. I’ll have to go in the shithole shop rite if this doesn’t move quickly.
I was just at the wegmans in Manalapan, 8AM and the line was the same. Stood in one spot for 20 minutes and left. Went to shoprite, walked in no line, got everything on the list except yeast. IMO wegmans is the shithole, and their clientele are a bunch of snobs with their fancy cars and fake jewerly, plus everything is overpriced.

What a stark contrast to my own Stop & Shop in Middletown. As mentioned earlier, everyone masked up, arrows on the floors to encourage customers to move in the same direction, and self checkouts wiped down after every customer.

What a stark contrast to my own Stop & Shop in Middletown. As mentioned earlier, everyone masked up, arrows on the floors to encourage customers to move in the same direction, and self checkouts wiped down after every customer.

Edison is like the hood. Back to the bubble in Metuchen where everything is just peachy.

Back
Top Bottom