This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

food Shopping is definitely my highest risk. However, walking in Lewis morris yesterday, 3 people coming my way, taking up the whole trail, i went into the woods to avoid them. Even if there wasn’t a social distance thing going on, some people are just oblivious to others. Give people some room, how tough is that?!

My wife has been trail running with the dog and all sorts of people have been petting him to where she has to awkwardly ask them to stop. Like, WTF people?

Went to target for food and diapers and stuff. First time out in a while and it freaked me out. We should be set for at least 3 weeks easy right now, more if we had to.

Dont know if this has been posted here. It's from a NYC Hospital Dr. Its very informative. Basic warning is KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE, PERIOD.
1st 20 minutes is very informative. Keep your hands clean at all times.

Dont know if this has been posted here. It's from a NYC Hospital Dr. Its very informative. Basic warning is KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE, PERIOD.
1st 20 minutes is very informative. Keep your hands clean at all times.

He's a doc? Looks more like a patient.... :oops:
Sorry for being a dick.... :confused:

My wife got the awesome detail of working the tent today and swabing peoples noses.... she's only annoyed that it's cold out though

My wife got the awesome detail of working the tent today and swabing peoples noses.... she's only annoyed that it's cold out though
In the daily work life of a nurse swabbing noses is definitely a step up the ladder. Better the entrance than the exit.

I studied up on what a ventilator is. Basically, mechanical life support.
Then, I looked at my living directive, to see what instructions I gave for being on life support. Two docs saying I have no chance of living without the machine. So I am okay.
But in a few weeks when we are low on ventilators, I am imagining the hospital asking for my insurance card, my living directive, and then using my organ donor card for triage.

My brother's best friend's dad passed away due to Coronavirus. This shit is starting to get close now and I don't like it...
I a friend of mine mother was told by her Dr she should be considered as infected but hasn’t been tested yet.

So 2 things.

First is this, which I read today: "We need a faster testing process. Can't wait 5 days as it is now. Other countries now also have home tests. We should do the same" - doesn't matter who said this but for those of you following closely, does such a thing exist and if so, what are the barriers for making that available in the US?

Second is that the cases in the US graph is looking a lot more linear than exponential right now:

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.07.50 PM.png

So 2 things.

First is this, which I read today: "We need a faster testing process. Can't wait 5 days as it is now. Other countries now also have home tests. We should do the same" - doesn't matter who said this but for those of you following closely, does such a thing exist and if so, what are the barriers for making that available in the US?

Second is that the cases in the US graph is looking a lot more linear than exponential right now:

View attachment 123476

it does look straighter - the state by state report shows some wild differences by area.
wonder what removing NY/NJ would show for the rest of the country?

the testing thing is interesting. Would it define safe zones? Or leper colonies?
certainly id people asymptomatic or very mild would help them isolate - to prevent spread.

the other test would be for anti-bodies - had it, done with it (at least we think)

So 2 things.

View attachment 123476

Just in the news today, Abbott 5 minute test approved by FDA. Don't think it's a good idea to have home testing right now - people will test, say "I don't have it so I can do whatever"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ott-labs-fast-portable-covid-test/2932766001/

Back
Top Bottom