This is a crack right?

I started the process online this morning. Even if the stores weren't closed, I'm only leaving for essentials anyway at this point.

My gut tells me I'll have to wait and go into the store when the dust settles on this outbreak, but you never know. Their website said they are continuing to pay the staff, and they will work online, so maybe they'll have extra resources available for this.

I started the process online this morning. Even if the stores weren't closed, I'm only leaving for essentials anyway at this point.

My gut tells me I'll have to wait and go into the store when the dust settles on this outbreak, but you never know. Their website said they are continuing to pay the staff, and they will work online, so maybe they'll have extra resources available for this.
Go see Pete in the REI East Hanover location. Good luck.

It wasn't easy, but I was finally able to get some action from REI online. New Chain-stay is shipping by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

From what I gathered after speaking with them, a break in this spot might not be all that unique. I'm not being charged for the replacement.

Status Update

Part didn't ship when it was supposed to. After some more follow up, I finally got them to ship it and received Sat. However.....it's not the right chain-stay

It might be a suitable replacement, but it's not an exact match to the original. Waiting for them to figure out if it work, or if its the wrong part all together, in which case I'm back to square one.

Although this used frame was "pennies on the dollar", it seems I got what I paid for in terms of dealer support. I think this is my last venture into a bike brand that isn't supported by a LBS.

Back
Top Bottom