Things that make you frown :(

This should totally be a smile not a frown post.

My career the last few years has been chaos and I got some great advice from someone who told me there aren't any careers anymore just jobs so we can get paid and support our families and our obligations. In Aug of 2022 I moved to a job which at first seemed like a no brainer but after 9 months it was destroying my mental health so I quit and moved to a new job in Sept 2023. One of the best decisions I made this new new job is less stress, less complicated, and more compensation and work/life balance.

Good luck with your new job and be confident in your decision, but also keep in mind if it doesnt work out YOU can decide to make another move.
And I just go another counter. This is not a fun process lol

Then counter with additional opportunity, vacation, etc!
I'm lucky enough to get to renegotiate my contract in a couple weeks. Equity in the company, vacation time, everything is on the table (except probably more cash money). Sometimes it's worth staying if they make it worthwhile, but keep in mind - if they meet you where you want to be, ask yourself why they didn't offer that to begin with.

I'm lucky enough to get to renegotiate my contract in a couple weeks. Equity in the company, vacation time, everything is on the table (except probably more cash money). Sometimes it's worth staying if they make it worthwhile, but keep in mind - if they meet you where you want to be, ask yourself why they didn't offer that to begin with.
Yeah, and ultimately I am willing to leave money on the table if I will I enjoy going to work more than I did. So hopefully that is how it works out

Came home from work late yesterday to a cold house, A quick glance at the oil tank confirmed my stupidity. :Ugh: On the plus side, it was nice sleeping in the cold under a ton of blankets last night. Hope the bleed and re-fire of the burner goes smooth, boiler produces hot water as well so it's warm start for the past 30 years. It's leaking like a pig now that it's cooled off, I shut off the water supply to it last night. Fingers crossed it seals up once it's hot again.

Came home from work late yesterday to a cold house, A quick glance at the oil tank confirmed my stupidity. :Ugh: On the plus side, it was nice sleeping in the cold under a ton of blankets last night. Hope the bleed and re-fire of the burner goes smooth, boiler produces hot water as well so it's warm start for the past 30 years. It's leaking like a pig now that it's cooled off, I shut off the water supply to it last night. Fingers crossed it seals up once it's hot again.

Well worth the $125

Not sure if this is a frown or smile post, but....Put in my resignation at the current job after 13 years... Start the new job on the 12th. (The day after the Superbowl that I hope my Ravens are in... )

Had to drive out to Long Island today to talk my S&RVP so we could discuss me staying put...

Hopefully making the right decision.
Congrats. Only frown I see is, after 13yrs, you give your notice, if VP wants you, he should come to you. Hope you at least got expenses and lunch!

Edit: and never accept the counteroffer. The job will still suck, meanwhile you show weakness to your current employer and lack of integrity to the company you committed to.

Last edited:
Congrats. Only frown I see is, after 13yrs, you give your notice, if VP wants you, he should come to you. Hope you at least got expenses and lunch!

Edit: and never accept the counteroffer. The job will still suck, meanwhile you show weakness to your current employer and lack of integrity to the company you committed to.
Haha, I felt the same way, if I was that important then come to me. But yeah got the mileage, $50 in tolls and lunch. I'm excited for the next opportunity. Hope the grass is greener

Had this happen and the pipes froze. I made a resistive heater out of a microwave transformer. Clamp the output and return on the water lines. Pipes are free in a minute or two no plumber needed, watch for leaks

microwave transformer.

Uh - 2,000+ v, Yup, that should do it.
All safeties in effect when using that (i hope)

For eveyone else, if you aren't familiar with high voltages like this, it paralyzes you, so you can't pull away.
if survived, life would not be the same cause it just shorts crap out inside your body.

Uh - 2,000+ v, Yup, that should do it.
All safeties in effect when using that (i hope)

For eveyone else, if you aren't familiar with high voltages like this, it paralyzes you, so you can't pull away.
if survived, life would not be the same cause it just shorts crap out inside your body.
I've only gone up to 480V, can you tell :thumbsup: ? Actually I don't really know, it was a defective electric motor insulation tester, power supply was 480V but it was then dialed up a notch in order to verify the leakage current between the core and the winding...I did go blind for a few seconds but had no other bodily permanent damage. Mentally...who knows.

I've only gone up to 480V, can you tell :thumbsup: ? Actually I don't really know, it was a defective electric motor insulation tester, power supply was 480V but it was then dialed up a notch in order to verify the leakage current between the core and the winding...I did go blind for a few seconds but had no other bodily permanent damage. Mentally...who knows.

3 phase power, so only getting drilled by one leg. Wake you right up!

3 phase power, so only getting drilled by one leg. Wake you right up!

transformer is wound so voltage stepped down amps are stepped up. Unmodified transformer yes the volts are stepped up i wouldn't advise messing with that even if it was a fun pinterest etsy project.

Driving behind this challenger was obviously texting the way he drove. Got to a line of cars. the light turned green and all the cars went except him....at least 60ft from him to the green light and didn't move. When he figured it out he went through the yellow and i had the red. Blind spots all around that car including the windshield.

Driving behind this challenger was obviously texting the way he drove. Got to a line of cars. the light turned green and all the cars went except him....at least 60ft from him to the green light and didn't move. When he figured it out he went through the yellow and i had the red. Blind spots all around that car including the windshield.

That last one seems like user error(the windshield one)

Back
Top Bottom