Things that make you frown :(

My son’s shifter is getting a little wonky, worse in the cold it seems. Not looking to break the bank with new drivetrains, since the rest appears serviceable. Searched around and found a Microshift Shimano- compatible 7spd for reasonable $ and ordered up. I was thinking this would be a win until this shows up:

View attachment 148667

WTF. Not only is it not 7spd, it’s not even a shifter! Remind me not to order from these stoners again.

edit: if anyone’s got anything 7spd shimano shiftage usable sitting in the parts bin please DM me.
I have an 8 speed shimano shifter, derailleur, and sram 12-26 cassette if you want them. Not top end but free.

Reactions: w_b
I have an 8 speed shimano shifter, derailleur, and sram 12-26 cassette if you want them. Not top end but free.
This could be a good solution; price is def. right. Let me dig in as to if the SRAM cassette will fit on the wheel and I’ll reply back ASAP. I think it will. Thanks!

This could be a good solution; price is def. right. Let me dig in as to if the SRAM cassette will fit on the wheel and I’ll reply back ASAP. I think it will. Thanks!
It's a shimano compatible cassette, not xd.

Nice. and as I recall 7&8 spd cassettes are the same width, only the chain changes. Will confirm and get back. Thanks Jay.
Yeah my CRS is kicking in again. It’s the 8&9 cassettes that are the same overall width, not the 7&8. 7&8 have the same spacing, so the 8’s 1 extra cog makes it overall wider and I don’t think it will fit on his wheel.

Unless there is a spacer behind the granny, doubtful, but will will check later.

Despite the fact I have over 30 years owning a dog and the 14 years they have lived next door to me telling me how well behaved and trained my dogs are, they declined any free training tips or advice.

This is how my next door neighbor “walks”
his now 6 month old rescue puppy. They go in the street out front and walk in circles until the poor thing has no choice but to pee in the street.

When I see him or his wife in the neighborhood walking the dog for real it’s always down the middle of the street. I can take you on a tour of my neighborhood to show you every spot that dog must pee on the pavement. They must be giving her a gallon or more a day to pee that much.

Just imagine what that smells like in the summer. I am just glad now when it rains it gets washed away. Here is also a pic of the 13 year old son just doing what he was told but I obscured him since it’s not his fault and he’s only 13.

The maddening part is that the dog has the potential to be great but sadly she got stuck with stupid owners. And you know how it goes you can’t fix stupid.

A51BF648-70FC-4887-8215-66FD046C14EC.jpeg
64A72351-9508-4BB0-B787-D21B2DECF375.jpeg

Despite the fact I have over 30 years owning a dog and the 14 years they have lived next door to me telling me how well behaved and trained my dogs are, they declined any free training tips or advice.

his now 6 month old rescue puppy. They go in the street out front and walk in circles until the poor thing has no choice but to pee in the street.

When I see him or his wife in the neighborhood walking the dog for real it’s always down the middle of the street. I can take you on a tour of my neighborhood to show you every spot that dog must pee on the pavement. They must be giving her a gallon or more a day to pee that much.

Just imagine what that smells like in the summer. I am just glad now when it rains it gets washed away. Here is also a pic of the 13 year old son just doing what he was told but I obscured him since it’s not his fault and he’s only 13.

The maddening part is that the dog has the potential to be great but sadly she got stuck with stupid owners. And you know how it goes you can’t fix stupid.

View attachment 149058
View attachment 149061

we have a couple of these idiots that walk their dogs in the street in our neighborhood too, i have yelled at a couple of them as i drive by when its dark out.

we have a couple of these idiots that walk their dogs in the street in our neighborhood too, i have yelled at a couple of them as i drive by when its dark out.
What is the proper etiquette when walking a dog? Should they pee on someone's front lawn, that little strip of grass between sidewalk and street curb, trees, or some other place?

What is the proper etiquette when walking a dog? Should they pee on someone's front lawn, that little strip of grass between sidewalk and street curb, trees, or some other place?

Never on someone’s front lawn. The strip of grass between the sidewalk and the curb is typically the understood place but at the risk of being obvious pick up any dog deposits after.

Thats where the expression “curb your dog” comes from.

The problem with being in the street is that you hold up traffic, and at night (the ones I. My neighborhood wearing dark clothes) will get hit to no real fault of the driver, also their dogs are not exactly walking predictably.

As said above the curb side of the sidewalk grass is the preferred location

View attachment 149058
View attachment 149061

Does the kid piss in the street too? Just trying to understand the dynamic of the owner here...

Does the kid piss in the street too? Just trying to understand the dynamic of the owner here...
Haha no but it wouldn’t surprise me if he did at some point in an attempt to show the dog what to do. Which would
Mean that’s what his parents told him to do.

When the 3-1/2" floppy disk with the files I need isn't being read by my floppy disk reader.

:(

think it is the drive or the disc? i can try to find mine if you want to try a different drive.

Back
Top Bottom