The Road to Somewhere

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This week has been nuts for me with crap going on. Between my family, my mom, meetings, work, riding, ski racing, etc... it's been nonstop each day from 5-11. That probably helped out since I told myself I would kick start some weight loss by eating super clean and cut some calories and being busy I haven't really had time to snack.

I wanted to do 2 or 3 days of this but now I'm on day 5. I definitely feel a little less energy but not as bad as I should. I'll start adding in more calories but I'm going to use the same pattern I did last year. Eat clean during the week, and have some cheats on the weekends. That worked well last year and has been going well so far. I'm getting closer to where I was during cross season before all the shit hit the fan this fall/winter.

Things are looking up and I'm trying to be active as much as possible and really just get into a healthy routine. Believe it or not I haven't had ANYTHING bad since Sunday. My giant tub of nutella is getting lonely.

The first short track is 5+ weeks away!
But Nutella good for you

xc62701

But Nutella good for you

That's the gateway snack there. I haven't had any sweets in the past few nights. I'll probably have nutella tonight. I definitely have a sweet tooth. Once I have a little I want to eat everything sweet. I haven't even had any dairy this week. It's been slightly painful but worth the torture.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's the gateway snack there. I haven't had any sweets in the past few nights. I'll probably have nutella tonight. I definitely have a sweet tooth. Once I have a little I want to eat everything sweet. I haven't even had any dairy this week. It's been slightly painful but worth the torture.
I'm the same way... Started Isagenix two weeks ago... Been mostly on the plan. Had one beer last Saturday night at Twin Elephant, and some off program snacks on Tuesday. So far so good though... I think the strict 30 day is unrealistic (although I did it once a few years back). Long term it's breaking the bad habits. I really haven't had any processed sugars with a few small exceptions. Down 10 lbs......

xc62701

I'm the same way... Started Isagenix two weeks ago... Been mostly on the plan. Had one beer last Saturday night at Twin Elephant, and some off program snacks on Tuesday. So far so good though... I think the strict 30 day is unrealistic (although I did it once a few years back). Long term it's breaking the bad habits. I really haven't had any processed sugars with a few small exceptions. Down 10 lbs......

Nice work! I tried the isagenix cleanse and some of the other stuff and now I just have the shakes and bars as meal replacements. I've currently lost 10 lbs as well.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i just did the 9 day, which i shortened and didn't do the last two - it wasn't enough calories to keep warm!!
was freezing my ass off. it did reset the sweet thing.

@MadisonDan, dairy? You are an adult, what dairy? unless you mean cheese...mmmmm..cheese.
and yogurt - from sheep...mmmmm
and beer.
1517020261922.png

xc62701

i just did the 9 day, which i shortened and didn't do the last two - it wasn't enough calories to keep warm!!
was freezing my ass off. it did reset the sweet thing.

@MadisonDan, dairy? You are an adult, what dairy? unless you mean cheese...mmmmm..cheese.
and yogurt - from sheep...mmmmm
and beer.
View attachment 62679

Yes that's the sad part. I've had very little cheese, no yogurt, cottage cheese, and milk. Those are fairly common staples. I've had one beer this past week. Last night I did have strawberries and Nutella. It was amazing. That was my only sweet I've eaten this week. I may have an opportunity to ride a bit this afternoon which I may reward myself with a slice of pizza. That would be mmmmm...

Santa

Sounds like a lot of work to keep the weight in check. Good work and dedication!!! When will you join me in the 150’s so I can keep up with you going downhill?

xc62701

Sounds like a lot of work to keep the weight in check. Good work and dedication!!! When will you join me in the 150’s so I can keep up with you going downhill?

I'll be back in the 150's if I stay on track and have a leg cut off... Don't worry about the downhills, focus on the ups :)

xc62701

You know @Santa has a great point - it is a lot of work staying light. I wish I didn't like food so much. I know the research behind why bad food is so bad but it tastes so good!

Santa

I'll be back in the 150's if I stay on track and have a leg cut off... Don't worry about the downhills, focus on the ups :)
Just get a tape worm instead of your leg cut off. I’m waiting for them to discover mine cause I can’t seem to gain any weight. I’ve been eating a lot of sweets and junk lately as well and no change in weight.

xc62701

I've hit that first plateau. I've still been eating well but haven't moved from my current weight in 4 days. I'm thinking it's for 2 reasons. My body is catching up with the water weight I lost and losing fat and staying the same weight. Also I haven't been super active(tired from daughter being sick and keeping me up at night) yet I've been eating the same. So I'm not surprised the scale hasn't shown any improvement.

If the past has taught me anything though it's keep at it and the next time the scale drops it should be a much better number. I'm staying the course and riding a pretty strict diet for the next few weeks. I want to head into march at or near the 160's.

This weekend should help too though at least from a fitness perspective. I'll be riding the 2014 Hell of Hunterdon loop and getting some good time in the saddle. That's always a great loop as long as all the bridges exist.

xc62701

I went to see my doc again today about my sitbone situation. I still have a nice large grape/golfball size lump that isn't going away. He asked me if I have been riding my bike. So of course I responded with maybe once or twice a week. Anyway he thinks my riding is prohibiting the lump from going away. So he said maybe I should cut it out. I wanted to say WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR!!! ...but I held back. Yes that would be good. With the rate that this has been going maybe by May this thing would be healed.

The doc told me that with this procedure it's an in and out under local anesthetic and I would need to be off the bike for 2-3 weeks after. This is a good solution as long as I can get this procedure done ASAP! Well it's scheduled for next week and then hopefully I'll let it heal a bit and try to be good. And I'll probably be back on the bike a week later... 2-3 weeks usually really means 2-3 days right? ;)

With that being said I'm going to ride as much as I can this week/this weekend/next week in order to allow myself some time to heal after surgery. Then I can get back to my normal activities - I hope.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wait 2-3 days and then ride your bike with no seat/seatpost for the first week or two. Sitting down is overrated anyway. Will be nice to randomly run into you at Wildcat again in the near future.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sorry to hear about the surgery Ryan. I know the feeling...I have put off surgeries (of lesser importance) because of not wanting it to interfere with my riding. But I think you have more than enough base to get yourself right back on track.

xc62701

Wait 2-3 days and then ride your bike with no seat/seatpost for the first week or two. Sitting down is overrated anyway. Will be nice to randomly run into you at Wildcat again in the near future.

Yea that sounds about right. I rode my bike for the first month after this injury standing alone. I've kinda got that down :)

sorry to hear about the surgery Ryan. I know the feeling...I have put off surgeries (of lesser importance) because of not wanting it to interfere with my riding. But I think you have more than enough base to get yourself right back on track.

I want to take care of this now before the season starts. I figure this way I should be sitting normal and ready to go again just in time for Short track to start. That's really when I'm going to ramp up my intensity anyway. Yea the base is still there although I always want to build it stronger. Being able to sit normally and comfortably - whether on a chair or bicycle seat would be nice. It's been 2+ months of literally a pain in the ass and it would be nice to have this episode over with.

xc62701

Well I wanted to get a good long effort in today and Allamuchy was the place. I started out with a group of 5 and hit Stephens first as I know one buddy had to bail 2 hours in. We hit that mark pretty perfectly and he and another popped out and headed backwards to the car. Stephens had varied amounts of snow. All was rideable but some spots made you work harder than others.

Off to deer park next. We climbed up from Waterloo and did an extended loop there that was good but man climbing up to the very top of the one hillside was tough. No tracks and deep enough to be super slick. We headed out to the Shell station on 517 for a refuel around 3:15 I. And headed to Mooch north next.

Into mooch the legs were getting weary all around but the Reese's and tea kept me going. We hit a few of the nice climbs in there and headed over to the tunnel of death. This time I remembered there was ice in there and I could see it rolling in this direction. One more popped off before the tunnel and there was 2 left to complete the ride. We hit the quarry and then back under the 80 overpass by he river and back to the car right around 5 hrs in.

It was pretty good everywhere. Some of the exposures and elevations made for some icy spots But most was a light accumulation to a few inches and all pretty good traction. It was chilly but a god day to be out there!!!

xc62701

Last Thursday was my appointment with the Doc to have my lump removed. It was in in office procedure so I figured it wouldn't be that bad. They gave me a local and sliced me open to remove what they could. The doc sews me up and says that he got about half of the lump out as he didn't want to be more aggressive and to potentially cause more bleeding and start the issue all over again. I agreed that sounded good. So I went home and iced and took off of work for the next couple of days as I want the would to heal and myself to heal.

I did take off the gauze after the first two days and felt for the bump and I was not happy. I'm hoping that it might be swollen just as a result of the procedure, but it feels the same size or larger than before the procedure? WTF?!?!?! I was hoping to at least have some benefit of doing this. Today is day 4 after the surgery and it still is the same. I'm icing it down and trying to stay off of it as much as I can but what the hell. I'm looking for some kind of silver lining to this. Knowing that he removed all old tissue that has no new bleeding I didn't think this was a possibility and I'm pissed that there is no improvement. Maybe I was expecting too much? Maybe I'm impatient. I just want to ride my bike without discomfort. Is that too much to ask?

Top Bottom