The REAL BIYF

I am not following you here.... you are suggesting more than an hour for the minimum?

I don’t remember ever allowing walking?
@Patrick October challenge gave points for walking. And if you walked with someone, it was like quadruple points or something.

It doesn’t matter, but 45 min minimum is kinda silly.
This rule is how I crushed the first year. I think combined for the day is more fair for all involved because once I start adding time to each ride to make it count, I would end up with 3.5 - 4 hours every day vs 2 and change. I'm down either way.
That first year you got more points for each consecutive hour, like 4 hour ride was worth like 15 points haha.

@Patrick October challenge gave points for walking. And if you walked with someone, it was like quadruple points or something.

It doesn’t matter, but 45 min minimum is kinda silly.

That first year you got more points for each consecutive hour, like 4 hour ride was worth like 15 points haha.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. I think I was training for Tuscobia too so there were a bunch of 8 hour days in there.

While I understand the desire to ride in the woods, it is hard in the winter as the weather along with freeze/thaw makes riding Trail not possible at all times without causing issue/damage to the trails. Therefore I do not see how we get past allowing road riding.

Riding everyday would be pretty serious, especially after three months. That is up to the rider.

Consecutive days multiplayer

Riding everyday would be pretty serious, especially after three months. That is up to the rider.
Rode everyday from 6/14 to 9/25 so the whole 'Summer" plus a few days. I suspect if you want to compete with Jim you'll have to do the same this "Winter".
I vote 60 minute minimum for ride to count for Elite group.
Has anyone heard from @liong71er lately? He was a BIYF regular, always killing it.

Last edited:
Given all the banter of last year, multiple Base competitions, crazy points etc, I am thinking this competition will go back old school.

- Elite is straight time, no bonus.
- All rides regardless of class need to be an hour or more of moving time
- All rides must include a Strava gps file
- All rides posted beyond seven days of the ride are tossed
- All submissions are strictly outdoor cycling

I may ask @stb222 to help out with his spreadsheet again, and of course welcome his weekly updates and anything else he wishes to chime in with.

@rick81721 will have more but I am keeping the dialect in the open for all to see. IMO simplicity should be the name of the game this year.

Given all the banter of last year, multiple Base competitions, crazy points etc, I am thinking this competition will go back old school.

- Elite is straight time, no bonus.
- All rides regardless of class need to be an hour or more of moving time
- All rides must include a Strava gps file
- All rides posted beyond seven days of the ride are tossed
- All submissions are strictly outdoor cycling

I may ask @stb222 to help out with his spreadsheet again, and of course welcome his weekly updates and anything else he wishes to chime in with.

@rick81721 will have more but I am keeping the dialect in the open for all to see. IMO simplicity should be the name of the game this year.

Looks good to me. I like the addition of 7 day max to post rides.

One more thing to decide on is.... the prizes!

BigUnsteadyKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

So a solid 60 + minutes of riding, no stitching three 20 minute rides in one day, strava for proof, and post it here or strava group?
Pavement, road, gravel, beaches as long as it is outside.

Back
Top Bottom