The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

I'm looking at something similar but in the $300 range

One of the nice things about a great sounding car is you don't need a sound system. 90+% of my usual driving is windows down, no music. Just hack out the mufflers - problem solved. Plus it will at least sound fast! :p

BaT and local to NJ - a dealer that seems to move quite a few of these.
This has some cosmetic work at minimum. Hopefully no surprises mechanically.
Looks in good shape from what I saw. 22 years and 27,000 miles thats like 1,250 miles a year.

Congrats again! Did you make room in the garage or does your truck/metro now reside outside?

Congrats!! Nice find. Agree on the non directional wheels, that would bug me. Also I think these would make a difference to the front fascia if you’re inclined.

So when are we all cruising?

Last edited:
well, my "in nj" plan completely backfired.
They can not release the car to me until they have collected, and paid sales tax, and initiated title transfer and registration.
I can not get temp tags, because they are not that type of dealer (although $500 will make them magically appear), so even after they deliver it, i can't drive it until the tags arrive.
and i have no idea where they are going to get delivered to...i picked them up when they were ready in flemington.
f if i want to go to lodi (again)

plus i can't under claim what i paid. and save on tax.

can't weigh much more than the metro - probably could xfer registration!

They can not release the car to me until they have collected, and paid sales tax, and initiated title transfer and registration.
I can not get temp tags, because they are not that type of dealer (although $500 will make them magically appear), so even after they deliver it, i can't drive it until the tags arrive.
and i have no idea where they are going to get delivered to...i picked them up when they were ready in flemington.

Pennsy car? PA to NJ is a nightmare - took forever for the GT350. In fact I finally canceled the process and did it in FL - helped that I had the title (paid cash).

Something sounds off here. If they are collecting the sales tax then they should be able to give you temp tags. Otherwise you give them the money, take the title and do it yourself at the DMV. With COVID you're kind of screwed that way too since you have to make an appointment.

Reactions: don
Something sounds off here. If they are collecting the sales tax then they should be able to give you temp tags. Otherwise you give them the money, take the title and do it yourself at the DMV. With COVID you're kind of screwed that way too since you have to make an appointment.

it does sound screwed up....

Every used car dealer can send you home that day with the car once you are all squared up - financed or cash purchase.

Get a car trailer and tow it home...have dealer send tags via mail.

Here are the to be a dealer requirements...

Last edited:
Reactions: don
Every used car dealer can send you home that day with the car once you are all squared up - financed or cash purchase.

Get a car trailer and tow it home...have dealer send tags via mail.

Here are the to be a dealer requirements...

Having it sent down via flatbed or trailer - whichever they prefer.
No time to go to Moonachie or Lodi - might be here tonight or tomorrow.

on the temp tags.....it does require the special "paper" - after that, it is just a login.
f*ckers, this is why people dislike used car sales so much.

Having it sent down via flatbed or trailer - whichever they prefer.
No time to go to Moonachie or Lodi - might be here tonight or tomorrow.

on the temp tags.....it does require the special "paper" - after that, it is just a login.
f*ckers, this is why people dislike used car sales so much.

Well you know it's a scam when they can do it for more money.

I'm so fed up with repair shops and dealers. My daughter is in Maine and she has a slow leak in one tire. Took it to the dealer where we bought it and there is a nail in the tire. They say they can't patch it and need to buy a new tire for $240, no other options. Unless you want to walk you are screwed. She needs the car for work so.. :mad:

I'm so fed up with repair shops and dealers. My daughter is in Maine and she has a slow leak in one tire. Took it to the dealer where we bought it and there is a nail in the tire. They say they can't patch it and need to buy a new tire for $240, no other options. Unless you want to walk you are screwed. She needs the car for work so.. :mad:

nail in the sidewall?

Back
Top Bottom