The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

I had over 150K miles on my 72 before the body flex got so bad the doors would pop open going over bumps. That one is beautiful and brings back a lot of memories.

Did i mention she poo-poo'd the E-type? probably in my first post?

IMG_3555.JPG

Did i mention she poo-poo'd the E-type? probably in my first post?

"One cat will require eating two of its own kind to stay alive." She is smart to poo poo it.
It looks like you are steering towards MG B's. Midgets and Sprites are nice, but the motors are not as robust. Old ones had 950 cc, 1100, then 1275 and eventually received the Spitfire 1500. MG B's were always 1800 in USA. Just know that you need to remove the motor to do a clutch.

"One cat will require eating two of its own kind to stay alive." She is smart to poo poo it.
It looks like you are steering towards MG B's. Midgets and Sprites are nice, but the motors are not as robust. Old ones had 950 cc, 1100, then 1275 and eventually received the Spitfire 1500. MG B's were always 1800 in USA. Just know that you need to remove the motor to do a clutch.

Based on these CCs, you think she would be open to a motorcycle with a side car?

the motor looks small enough to just pick-up! Surprised at how much room there was around them. some of the cars have the motor
wedged in, and it looks like you'd need to pull it to do spark plugs!

we are driving around in a 1.0L inline 3 cyl....we will feel the power!
----

i hear ya on the jags. nice to look at, but i'll stay away.....

the motor looks small enough to just pick-up! Surprised at how much room there was around them. some of the cars have the motor
wedged in, and it looks like you'd need to pull it to do spark plugs!

we are driving around in a 1.0L inline 3 cyl....we will feel the power!
----

i hear ya on the jags. nice to look at, but i'll stay away.....

Those 3 cylinder Metro engines.... When we ordered a short block it came UPS. The driver would carry it in, and plop it on the counter.

Oh boy do I miss how easy they were to work on. Now everything is a 'bro-dozer' Need 3 guys to help lift a tire.

Those 3 cylinder Metro engines.... When we ordered a short block it came UPS. The driver would carry it in, and plop it on the counter.

Oh boy do I miss how easy they were to work on. Now everything is a 'bro-dozer' Need 3 guys to help lift a tire.

that's funny -
we did an engine in a sunfire, and two of us lifted it out (mostly stripped of course).

i was talking to someone how i had all these bent open-end/box wrenches that were bent for specific bolts on the cars i owned...

that's funny -
we did an engine in a sunfire, and two of us lifted it out (mostly stripped of course).

i was talking to someone how i had all these bent open-end/box wrenches that were bent for specific bolts on the cars i owned...
One of my cars as a 'yute' was a 71 Vega. Rebuilt the block in my parents basement. Carried up and down the stairs all by myself. When I installed the block in the car, my dad held it on the fender until I was in posistion to align the mounts and the trans/clutch. Now the head was cast iron, and weighed more than the block. So I installed it after the block was in. Sunfire, what engine 1.8/2,0 OHC? I did plenty of those at the dealership. easy peasy

One of my cars as a 'yute' was a 71 Vega. Rebuilt the block in my parents basement. Carried up and down the stairs all by myself. When I installed the block in the car, my dad held it on the fender until I was in posistion to align the mounts and the trans/clutch. Now the head was cast iron, and weighed more than the block. So I installed it after the block was in. Sunfire, what engine 1.8/2,0 OHC? I did plenty of those at the dealership. easy peasy

it was 1985ish - maybe it was a sunbird?
same engine with alum block ???

One of the ones I had, 1962 MKII with a 3.8 motor. I got it running, but never put it on the road. Needed way to much that I could not afford.
View attachment 97299
thats awesome Pete....when was this pic taken? looking at the front of the car in the background im guessing early-mid 70s? that be the case, what the hell happened to that Jag in 10-12 years lol.

When I was growing up, my Dad's friend (who we called Uncle John) had a '62 Vette. He later sold it to my actual Uncle (Jim). I always thought these were the best looking of the earlier Gens because of the body color dual headlight trim and the new (Gen 2) style rear end. looked just like this only metallic blue:

View attachment 96500

Agreed....62s were/are one of my favorites....matched color coves, cleaned up front end, c2 style tail lights.. My dad had this exact car, same color...He used to have this pic on the wall in his gas station for years, so it got very faded....When I watched his old 8mm drag films I was like "oh, it really was bright red"

1962 Corvette 001.jpg

Hillsborough transmission on 206 south of Camplain rd had a little yellow convertible out front over the weekend. Couldn't tell what it was but looked like an MG

it was 1985ish - maybe it was a sunbird?
same engine with alum block ???
'85 was a Sunbird, they had the 1.8 OHC, iron block alloy head. Used to blow timing belts every 15K, and head gaskets at 25k. We had them lined up waiting for parts. We would race to see who could replace the timing belt the fastest, 11 min was the record.

thats awesome Pete....when was this pic taken? looking at the front of the car in the background im guessing early-mid 70s? that be the case, what the hell happened to that Jag in 10-12 years lol.
That was mid 80's. Forget what happened to the Jag, what the hell happened to me in the 10-12 years!

Back
Top Bottom