The Longest Day 2022

prentice

Is it too early to talk about trying to do the longest day, 2022? I am already planning on doing it. Who else is in? Even though I actually saw only one other ride the whole day, it's nice to know there's others out there on the road doing it, too. I've already been hitting trainer pretty hard for a couple of months now. Hoping to improve upon last year's time.

Looking at my trusty Google Calendar, June 21 falls on a Tuesday, which makes June 18th the Saturday closest to the longest day of the year.

Crossing my fingers hoping Garmin doesn't push another buggy update to my GPS just days before the ride. Also hoping I can make it further than Kingston without triggering the collision detection feature on my Garmin. (Ate shit doing something stupid at a red light)

Is it too early to talk about trying to do the longest day, 2022? I am already planning on doing it. Who else is in? Even though I actually saw only one other ride the whole day, it's nice to know there's others out there on the road doing it, too. I've already been hitting trainer pretty hard for a couple of months now. Hoping to improve upon last year's time.

Looking at my trusty Google Calendar, June 21 falls on a Tuesday, which makes June 18th the Saturday closest to the longest day of the year.

Crossing my fingers hoping Garmin doesn't push another buggy update to my GPS just days before the ride. Also hoping I can make it further than Kingston without triggering the collision detection feature on my Garmin. (Ate shit doing something stupid at a red light)
I'm really interested in doing the NJ Longest Day ride. It has long been a goal of mine to do a single day double century. Can someone give me a sense of how this ride works?

I'm really interested in doing the NJ Longest Day ride. It has long been a goal of mine to do a single day double century. Can someone give me a sense of how this ride works?

It's no longer an official ride. The club abandoned it. You start in High Point at the Rt23 intersection and end at the Cape May Lighthouse. I can post the route but it's basically riding the the highway with cars passing you at 80mph for 200 miles. I'd seriously suggest a better ride. Do an organized 300k with 6 miles before and after and you'll be a lot happier.

It's no longer an official ride. The club abandoned it. You start in High Point at the Rt23 intersection and end at the Cape May Lighthouse. I can post the route but it's basically riding the the highway with cars passing you at 80mph for 200 miles. I'd seriously suggest a better ride. Do an organized 300k with 6 miles before and after and you'll be a lot happier.
That's really helpful, Jim. It doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. What 300k rides do you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom