The Longest Day 2021

How about we start at High Point and ride to the Cape May Lighthouse on the Saturday closest to the Solctice?
A solid plan Jim! All kidding aside, putting together a ride like this is A LOT OF WORK that Monica and I know all too well. Our goal was to bring this ride to the next level but the club wanted nothing to do with that success. All we asked the club to do was front the money so we didn’t have to put the whole thing on our credit card and wait for reimbursement. I’ve since left the old white guys club and will never go back.
That being said, they don’t own the ride or the route.

A solid plan Jim! All kidding aside, putting together a ride like this is A LOT OF WORK that Monica and I know all too well. Our goal was to bring this ride to the next level but the club wanted nothing to do with that success. All we asked the club to do was front the money so we didn’t have to put the whole thing on our credit card and wait for reimbursement. I’ve since left the old white guys club and will never go back.
That being said, they don’t own the ride or the route.

I actually prefer the more bootleg version anywho. Having Aid Stations and stuff was nice but I don't know that it really did anything to make the ride better, or more attractive. I'll do it every year in whatever fashion it happens.

Howdy. This is the thread I’ve been looking for! Longest Day has been on my todo list for a while. Interested but a bit intimidated. Have done a couple IM’s so think I could manage, but longest ride was the Ride to Montauk from NYC, 150 miles.

Would love to sync up if there is a contingent interested. Strength in numbers and what not, especially when it comes to sag, drafting, road safety, etc.

I think I would be interested in doing this mid-May if that works. I have DKXL the first week of June and would rather do this prior for training.

1. Can I do this ride indoors on my brand, new Peloton Deluxe Bike. Note that it is all pimped out with a 72" ULHD flat panel over the air jet tub!!

2. Can I do this ride by Zoomsticle? (Asking for 88 guys who no longer have to 🚂 to NYC.)

3. Will there be bonus points for talking a good game, but not actually showing up to clip in at 4am?

4. If I actually show up, will I be asked (before the ride) to cough up the Metuchen Edison Bicycle Touring Society annual dues of now just one Bitcoin?

7. May I tie a rope to Vreeelandz seat post and surf to Cape Maybe?

8. Is there an age limit? Asking for @Kaleidopete

5. No I didn't miss this one.

6. @SNOWFAK3 mist this one

SICK LOVE PXL_20210130_163053040-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom