The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Day 12…. Moar gross
https://strava.app.link/y1DyRoCcShb
1626227790285.png

Day 13 - the day of the unlucky - but ✔️

For those who don't know me, I love to downhill. At times, I prefer DH more than, well, most of the other loves in my life. Today was the 22nd different downhill bike park I have visited, and today was the first time I left frustrated and dissatisfied. (Yeah yeah, opportune time to put some fun inappropriate references.)

Massanutten is the first DH park I would NOT recommend someone to go to. Don't put yourself through the misery! This guy is literally riding his bike up the mountain quicker than the lift:
IMG_3633.jpg

Not only was the lift painfully slow, it has the front wheel grabber mount that makes you want to shit your pants every time your bike is lifted and swings to and fro as you wait for it to come to a ground crushing crash:

Image-1 (37).jpg

But I checked off another park, so I'll take that: https://www.strava.com/activities/5623881958

apologies for creating a distraction...but what better people to ask this question of than people riding 1 hour a day for 20+ days -> how do you get a seat that doesn't hurt my butt (really the inside of my upper thigh) ? I ride an hour once or twice a weekend and spend mon/tues tender. Is there a bike shop in the area that could help with a fitting ?
Hard to say without knowing more about your setup (post a pic), butt in my experience; get off your ass!
Seriously, technique really helps:
1) Put more weight on your feet by using a harder gear. Spinning too much keeps weight on your butt, more bouncy & slow AF.
2) Don't just sit back on the saddle like a crutch. Lift your butt up for every bump as you ride. Ride from your feet, not the seat.
Bike handles way better with more weight on your feet.
3) You might be sitting too upright. Maybe need more weight on your arms. More forward leaning stance. Bike fit.
4) Get a saddle that fits your sit bones and an overall bike fit. Bike shops like Hilltop & others have ways to measure this.
5) Get really good bike shorts.
6) Never take advice from the internet... 🍌

7/14
2:05
Drip
As you can see, I found my Garmin, which was in my mtb shoes. Another morning with dreadful humidity, however not quite as bad as yesterday, mainly since the roads were mostly dry. At the office again today, so hit up the sourlands since all my local trails are probably a tad squishy. Perfect conditions to show the short comings of a barometric altimeter, which the 3-400 feet of elevation of the sourlands ridge always throws it for a loop on days like this:
489C7DA3-C604-43D9-BA2E-24CC669B878C.jpeg

C2DD3C0C-552D-46BB-91CA-13CFF480FAF9.jpeg

Sourlands continues to be the feel good location for when you are feeling portly as climbing at 10-12 MPH when you 15lbs overweight gives you a mental boost. I didn't plan on it, but remembered someone on an e bike stole a small dirt KOM so I went and took it back.

Somewhere in the random thoughts on this ride, I realized I was wearing all black. This isn't particularly unusual for my roadie kits but today I happen to have on all the stuff with blacked out logos or no logos (perfect for those low visibility days). I feel like @Santapez would be proud the only rapha logo was this one:
3E3BDC9C-5089-4F99-9C25-7F6B94B0F122.jpeg

Btw, this is the 1st gen Rapha pro team aero jersey (before they did the sleeves that come down to your elbows) and still stands as my best fitting and favorite jersey ever (7 years old now?).

Anywho, for the garmin elevation stinks bank:
Before elevation correction, 538;
6F243252-0A00-499E-B1CE-439EAE10E8C8.jpeg

After, 2101;
5C515328-5A77-4862-B0E9-1B1E2ECFB5DE.jpeg

Speaking of, you can now correct elevation via the app...

Looks like I should had ridden 1 mile east to high five @clarkenstein

Back
Top Bottom