The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Day 16 - Dawn patrol to squeeze in a ride before making the trek home from the Finger Lakes.
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/aJCvuD8bWhb
Screenshot_20210716-073943_Strava.jpg

20210716_061223.jpg

20210716_062638.jpg

20210716_064047.jpg

7/16
1:06
Be happy you’re not working up there today
Not sure what happened to my alarm this morning but I wake up the time I started my rides the last few days. Was planning on a trail work / ride combo anyways. Pull up to Nesh and it is around 5:35 and the work crews are already there and already up doing roof work. I watch one race through the parking lot and scramble to assemble his gear and run to the work site. I assume his day is going to suck regardless of the heat. Had the power assisted hand saw with me to take care of one big tree but I dont have enough battery power to finish it off. After that I transport my shovel to a new location to address some mud holes that were created from the race and haven't managed to dry up a month later. After working on the holes for a bit, I do a casual loop. Climbing in the woods really zaps me in these conditions.
Getting in my car, the sun already feels hot. On my way out, I snap this crappy photo of some of the workers on the roof. Feeling good I work an office job on these days.
4BF697CC-7BA2-4ED7-AF5D-DE6B0890A5C3.jpeg

Last edited:
7/16
1:06
Be happy you’re not working up there today
Not sure what happened to my alarm this morning but I wake up the time I started my rides the last few days. Was planning on a trail work / ride combo anyways. Pull up to Nesh and it is around 5:35 and the work crews are already there and already up doing roof work. I watch one race through the parking lot and scramble to assemble his gear and run to the work site. I assume his day is going to suck regardless of the heat. Had the power assisted hand saw with me to take care of one big tree but I dont have enough battery power to finish it off. After that I transport my shovel to a new location to address some mud holes that were created from the race and haven't managed to dry up a month later. After working on the holes for a bit, I do a casual loop. Climbing in the woods really zaps me in these conditions.
Getting in my car, the sun already feels hot. On my way out, I snap this crappy photo of some of the workers on the roof. Feeling good I work an office job on these days.
View attachment 162497
Thank you for your efforts. Someone was there yesterday afternoon while I was riding my laps. The tree that fell near the end of the loop near the back lot was there for my first lap, cleared for the second lap. Are you talking about the big tree on the trail after the Utility Climb? I noticed the tree that fell over near the quarry was cut out yesterday. Any idea what that cleared section next to the trail near the top is all about?

Thank you for your efforts. Someone was there yesterday afternoon while I was riding my laps. The tree that fell near the end of the loop near the back lot was there for my first lap, cleared for the second lap. Are you talking about the big tree on the trail after the Utility Climb? I noticed the tree that fell over near the quarry was cut out yesterday. Any idea what that cleared section next to the trail near the top is all about?
Yes, I am in communication with the person you saw. The one after utility climb is what I was working on, it will be removed in the coming days. We were also discussing that newly cleared section, the 3-4 people that help out dont have any idea, seems like a weird place to clear. There is one guy that is involved with the school and he hasn't chimed in yet.

7/16

1:30

https://www.strava.com/activities/5637392811

14/20+

Last year I explored this pond on top the sourlands east of Northhill road and the abandoned airstrip a little further east. Rigged up a mini pole to fit in my backpack and checked it out. Getting to the pipeline clearing on Northhill is 90% of the climb so did the entire climb first, then headed down to the pipeline and over to the pond. Some dog chased me halfway down from the top of Northhill to the clearing. Keep your dog on leash, yelling geezer!

First fishing spot - there are two chairs on the pond. Also, directly across from this spot, an aluminum canoe with paddle is stashed in the brush. If it was cooler and I had more time I would have given it a paddle.

20210716_105636.jpg

Caught a few little bass. Lots of panfish in there but only brought setups for bass.
20210716_111829.jpg

Pipeline pic before heading back down

20210716_121904.jpg

9/31 today I left work on time and for some reason was feeling guilty. A client called while I climbing up coppermine rd. Saw the call and figured I would call him when I got home. Found out he called everyone he knew in the company looking for me. Feels nice to be needed. Turns out he was looking for something that was sent over to him early afternoon. Guilt was replaced with annoyance.

View attachment 162463

Not a boring map picture. Considering the heat, felt pretty good on the ride.
I chase that Heron up and down the towpath. Beautiful bird!

Day 16 ✔️
I found a mountain bike park on Trailforks that is close to Myrtle Beach, so I checked it out today. I brought one of the kids in our party with me. We both thoroughly enjoyed the park. Very sandy soil, so the park had ‘carpet’ on all the tabletops and berms. It was 6miles of one-direction, super flowy trail. Good find!

https://strava.app.link/fQXOyLNLWhb

A2B01591-82E5-46E0-9FCA-38FEDF4FBE64.jpeg

A6AE1355-DAF6-4966-8A9C-2F930E22AD81.jpeg

38AAC8DC-D693-4829-AB24-A5A47DCAC999.jpeg

F684A2F7-41EE-4E5C-B529-130E620C95D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BDC5566-1668-41A4-A20D-83152CAFF37F.jpeg
    2BDC5566-1668-41A4-A20D-83152CAFF37F.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom