The Joy of Mountain Biking

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Grand Canyon: Going back up (more pics)

IMG_20210326_124412.jpg

IMG_20210326_125246.jpg

IMG_20210326_130013.jpg

IMG_20210326_144950.jpg

IMG_20210326_155354.jpg

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Grand Canyon: The End

So after a number of rests along the way (and possibly some minor cursing), we made it to the top about 4pm... 2.5 hours too early for our dinner reservations. I told Steve that if we went back to the hotel first, I'd never make it back out for dinner at 6:30. So we went to El Tovar to see if they could accommodate us sooner. Luckily, it wasn't a problem. But while we were waiting in line to get in, everything hit me. All the pain settling in my hips, that awful nausea feeling settling in my stomach and I was not sure I was even going to make it to dinner. BUT after some yummy chicken and pasta and a lovely chocolate cake, I was ALLLLLLLLLLL better. If you don't already know, I'm very food centric. How else do you think people get me to volunteer for shit?! :p

In all, it wound up being a hair over 21 miles, a little under 6k elevation gain and 10.5 hours total.

And you know what? Steve won the lottery to reserve a spot at the Phantom Ranch next year for two nights!!! So we'll be heading back and checking out more of the Grand Canyon next year!!!

Screenshot_20210329-143149_2.png

kdebello

Great pictures!

We visited the Grand Canyon in 1997. The picture of the squirrel reminded me of when we went and a squirrel followed us on our hike forever. There are so many people feeding the wildlife, they're not afraid and start begging for food.

We went only part way down, but it was an amazing hike. Once the kids are out of the house, we plan on going again.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great pictures!

We visited the Grand Canyon in 1997. The picture of the squirrel reminded me of when we went and a squirrel followed us on our hike forever. There are so many people feeding the wildlife, they're not afraid and start begging for food.

We went only part way down, but it was an amazing hike. Once the kids are out of the house, we plan on going again.
They allow kids.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm so happy that you guys finally made it to the bottom and back! Love all the pictures and the clothes description.
Hiking the Grand Canyon is definitely on my bucket list!

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Grand Canyon squirrels are dicks.
THEY ARE!

when we were at the plateau point, the squirrels were totally coming up to us and trying to get stuff... they even grabbed a wrapper from a woman that was there and we fought the squirrel to get it back (leave no trace)... then the fucker went to her backpack to try to get stuff out of it:

IMG_20210326_125941.jpg

Top Bottom