The interesting LP thread

This is my earliest zappa album. My older brother had Freak Out

R-692634-1421883896-6871.jpeg.jpg

This cassette thing really has me baffled.

On a side note, a quick bandcamp listen proved very interesting.
He says that young people often drive crappy cars that only have cassette players, so that's part of what brought the cassette back. But I'm sure novelty plays the largest part.

He says that young people often drive crappy cars that only have cassette players, so that's part of what brought the cassette back. But I'm sure novelty plays the largest part.

i just tossed a couple hundred in the dumpster. kept the copy of Some Girls, and a couple Ramones....could you not disrespect the music :D

Last edited:

I forget the exact number, but my division at Sony did almost 1M in cassette sales this fiscal. Really?

On a side note, Raise your hand if you were a member of Columbia House. From what I had heard, CH wanted to stop manufacturing 8 Track cartridges. As they made the announcement there was immediately a suit because years before there was a promotion they ran which included an 8-Track, in-dash player. It seemed this was very popular with the farmers in the mid-west who installed them in their Combines and such, so they had to continue to offer 8-tracks for a longer period of time just to satisfy this group of people.

This is only what I heard; I did not talk with any farmers about this. I thought it was strange that we were manufacturing 8-Tracks into the 90's.

When I collected, a way to find bargins were to buy blind lots from people and hope to find a few gems. 75% were junk and went right into the garbage (lots of doowop and standards). 20% were keepers for various reasons and if you were lucky 5% were collectible/special. Here's one which should be junk, but I distinctly remember them on TV infomercials when I first came to the US in the mid 70s. Have the first 3 but may have been more, this one should fall in the 75% pile but was saved as nostalgia as the 20%MVIMG_20180209_080829.jpg

Reviving this old thread since @iman29 was inquiring about his parent's vinyl collection. Picked up about 50 albums recently for a few hundies locally in hopes to find some gems. Solid stash with mostly classic rock and a few dupes. But finally have Thriller and Purple Rain in the collection. A few of perhaps less collectables, but to be honest, no idea who's Leo Sayer till I googled. Got any interesting albums, lps, 45s, 33s? Post up
PXL_20230910_151925748.jpg

Back
Top Bottom