The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

mfennell

My friend Eddie was in an interesting Zwift race last night. Two teams. 6 vs 6 with final scoring based on everyone's position. All 'B' riders. It was streamed on youtube. DIRT vs ATP. DIRT has a much deeper pool of talent and it showed.

Two announcers who were pretty good. Both teams had discord channels set up with a non-riding "director sportif". The announcers would drop in, listen, and sometimes ask questions. It was 3 laps of the Innsbruck course, which has the 1min 'leg snapper' climb.

Most Zwift races start as a free-for-all to establish the lead group. This was way more tactical and interesting to watch. A bunch of my riding buddies were on WhatsApp, chatting while the race unfolded. No lie, I was yelling at the screen at one point when Eddie was throwing down up the leg snapper and I know I wasn't the only one.

He came in 3rd. It's interesting - I'm generally faster than him outside but I get destroyed in B races. His 1min power is very good, he recovers quickly, and he can throw himself way deeper into the pain cave than I can.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Anybody else having a connection problem with Zwift today? It's just spinning on the start page. I updated the app on Apple TV, tried connecting through my phone app when that didn't work, still nothing. I even recycled my internet connection in case that was the problem. Still nothing.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody else having a connection problem with Zwift today? It's just spinning on the start page. I updated the app on Apple TV, tried connecting through my phone app when that didn't work, still nothing. I even recycled my internet connection in case that was the problem. Still nothing.
You have FiOS? Heard they're having some issues

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Anybody else having a connection problem with Zwift today? It's just spinning not he start page. I updated the app on Apple TV, tried connecting through my phone app when that didn't work, still nothing. I even recycled my internet connection in case that was the problem. Still nothing.
no problem here.

the phone hasn't updated the app yet. not sure about the apple tv.

it is very crowded in richmond.

1speed

no problem here.

the phone hasn't updated the app yet. not sure about the apple tv.

it is very crowded in richmond.
Yeah, I thought it might be a bandwidth issue, but I haven't seen them have an issue that didn't resolve for as long as this one now (about an hour at this point) since they first launched.

Patrick

Staff member
Yeah, I thought it might be a bandwidth issue, but I haven't seen them have an issue that didn't resolve for as long as this one now (about an hour at this point) since they first launched.

try running it through your phone as a hotspot, rather than the home system.
see if that resolves it. I don't think they are having a problem with load management. isn't that crowded.

1speed

It looks like it may be a Verizon issue. Just got a notice from work that Verizon has been kicking people off the network on and off all day. Weird, though, because my internet seems to be working fine.

Patrick

Staff member
1611684648540.png

iman29

I was on from 12-1 with no issues but I have optimum crap not Fios crap.

Thought I also read in a news alert there were some general internet issues going on but maybe that was the fios thing dan mentioned above.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My 17 kickr has been acting up. Freewheel stopped freewheeling. Sometimes it's like a fixie. Contacted wahoo support sent a video and got a reconditioned 18/19 kickr on the way. They require full payment $1100 and will refund $650 plus tax when they have received my return.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Just came here to vent, I did my best 45 minute power EVER (4 w/kg) and was pack fodder in a B race. After looking at the results and other peoples hear trates, I swear certain trainers/setups are better for racing...

/rant

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just came here to vent, I did my best 45 minute power EVER (4 w/kg) and was pack fodder in a B race. After looking at the results and other peoples hear trates, I swear certain trainers/setups are better for racing...

/rant
Get yourself a zwift power account. That's where the true results are.

Top Bottom