The Guitar Player Thread.

#TBT to the way back time before the Zombies and having a house that now doubles as a School. I have to practice in the Bedroom with headphones now. Headphones!!?? Headphones aren't Metal, but Phrygian Dominant and Dimished scales are.

What I miss most right now is passing off my neighbors at 7am though

#TBT to the way back time before the Zombies and having a house that now doubles as a School. I have to practice in the Bedroom with headphones now. Headphones!!?? Headphones aren't Metal, but Phrygian Dominant and Dimished scales are.

Make Akhenaten Great Again

DAAAAMMMNNN jaw dropped 😮 LOL it's amazing how easy you make that look! I like the ESP/Ltd Kirk Hammett too. Went to Salem, MA a couple years ago to see Kirk's old horror movie memorabilia collection and his guitars was pretty cool.

IMG_20171110_142008.jpg

IMG_20171110_141917.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171110_141909.jpg
    IMG_20171110_141909.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
DAAAAMMMNNN jaw dropped 😮 LOL it's amazing how easy you make that look! I like the ESP/Ltd Kirk Hammett too. Went to Salem, MA a couple years ago to see Kirk's old horror movie memorabilia collection and his guitars was pretty cool.

View attachment 139058

View attachment 139057

Sick!! I don't actually own either of those guitars anymore. I sold them and an RGA42 to buy my Charvel and custom RG. I miss the Kirk everyday, that guitar was so awesome. I'll get another one at some point but I still have an ESP H417 which is basically the 7 string version.

Watching a Keith Merrow video and got inspired to play Metallica's The Thing That Should Not Be....

.....pulled out the guitar and songbook, spent a half an hour tuning the Floyd Rose trem on my guitar to E....only to flipping realize I needed to tune to drop D :mad:....and now I remember why I just usually play my acoustic guitar LOL

IMG_20200910_205319.jpg

Watching a Keith Merrow video and got inspired to play Metallica's The Thing That Should Not Be....

.....pulled out the guitar and songbook, spent a half an hour tuning the Floyd Rose trem on my guitar to E....only to flipping realize I needed to tune to drop D :mad:....and now I remember why I just usually play my acoustic guitar LOL

View attachment 139072

Yeah. Try keeping the guitar in tune for that solo!!

While you have the book out, give this one a shot.

Yeah. Try keeping the guitar in tune for that solo!!

While you have the book out, give this one a shot.

Leper Messiah nice!! My copy of Master of Puppets is well well worn, I have a small mountain of tab books and guitar magazines from that era I used spend hours playing! Then sadly I got a job and there went guitar playing. Stupid job LOL

I'm going to throw some new strings on it maybe tune the Jackson to Drop D and my Ibanez to standard. I gotta get a fixed bridge guitar though one of these days.

IMG_20200910_213148.jpg

Leper Messiah nice!! My copy of Master of Puppets is well well worn, I have a small mountain of tab books and guitar magazines from that era I used spend hours playing! Then sadly I got a job and there went guitar playing. Stupid job LOL

I'm going to throw some new strings on it maybe tune the Jackson to Drop D and my Ibanez to standard. I gotta get a fixed bridge guitar though one of these days.

View attachment 139073

That Album is why I bought a guitar. I wanted to learn Master of Puppets more than anything. It was my whole life at that point. I bought a guitar and that Tab Book when I was 14 years old. I spent every waking moment throughout High School learning that album cover to cover. I still have the original book, which my son is going through and learning, like Deja-Vu.

Same thing with me, I pretty much wore that cassette out playing it over and over. And probably drove my mom and dad nuts doing it LOL. This is my Ibanez a 1997 s3040pl J custom that I won in a drawing at a music store opening supposedly there's only 32 made and 11 or 12 in the US of these in this color. I love the thing just plays so nice just wish it didn't have the two gold stripes up the neck.

IMG_20200910_214820.jpg

Woah. Sweet. I had an S540 in High School and then bought a Satriani afterwards. Played those for like 20 years and then switched to extended range guitars.

Yeah I like the S models there really comfortable to play the neck on that thing is super thin. That 7 and 8 string stuff is mind boggling but interesting to me maybe I'll try out a 7 string next time I get to a music store. It just adds a low B to standard tuning so it shouldn't be to bad to figure out. I think some of them also have longer scale lengths and fanned out frets too so I'd have to get used to that.

Back
Top Bottom