The Great Northern Migration Ride, July 26, Mahlon Dickerson

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
What: 15-ish miles, hitting the "must ride" sections of Mahlon Dickerson; We'll also be extending the ride beyond last April's Hooligan ride to include the WMA. There will be several places to bail if you need to shorten your participation.
When: SUNDAY July 26th, Wheels down 10:00AM SHARP
Where: Mahlon Dickerson, Picnic Area (Ballfield Marker - http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php?f=show&id=10)
Who: Consider this an intermediate ride. I'm not sayin' it'll be fast; I'm not sayin' we're not gonna' stop (a lot, maybe); I'm sayin' that most folks will be "feelin' it" a bit by the end of the ride--I know I will be.

Details:
No drops and we'll stop where & when we need too.

I'm organizing this ride on the request of the fine folks from way down south who dragged me around Allaire recently (hence the ride's title). This is why we're starting a little later than usual, making the ride a little longer than usual and posting this a little earlier than usual.

Please RSVP, and let us know if you feel comfortable enough to help lead or sweep during the ride.

I am in....Fo Shizzle
pimp.gif

Is there a lot of techy stuff here? I'm interested but I don't have much technical trail experience. I rode CR once and it kicked my ass but I was able to ride 85% of what I came across. How does MD compare?

Is there a lot of techy stuff here? I'm interested but I don't have much technical trail experience. I rode CR once and it kicked my ass but I was able to ride 85% of what I came across. How does MD compare?

There is a fair amount of tech stuff; I've never ridden CR, so I don't know how it compares.

I'm sure somebody will chime in who has ridden both places and give their opinion....

Tim , this sounds great. I will come a little earlier and drop my kids off at your place.

Heck, I *might* be in good enough shape by the end of next month to try this one. I'm stronger, and have better endurance than at the April ride and don't have to worry about dropping the chain.

But from what I hear, you guys put a hurtn' on Sunday and you'll be getting stronger as well, so might not make a difference. We'll see:hmmm:

I like it, I will plan to be there. I've never been to Mahlon but I'd be down to sweep or help out.

There is a fair amount of tech stuff; I've never ridden CR, so I don't know how it compares.

I'm sure somebody will chime in who has ridden both places and give their opinion....

rlb - MD is tougher than CR; hiller but not other-worldly.

It's like a smaller version of Wawayanda.

Tim , this sounds great. I will come a little earlier and drop my kids off at your place.

'Might wanna' talk to the MRS about that ;)

I'll be there at 10:02 :D

Sounds like fun. Thanks Tim

Heh, heh, no body rolls until the Wookie rolls.

But from what I hear, you guys put a hurtn' on Sunday and you'll be getting stronger as well, so might not make a difference. We'll see:hmmm:

It'll be a different kind of hurtin' than last Sunday :) Seriously though, the route I have in mind does have some stretches of fire road & rail bed to give us a little break from the up 'n down rock pounding.

Might be at MD that day, but I'll most likely be hitting the most technical trails with my friend. Yet, I will only be using a map.

Might be at MD that day, but I'll most likely be hitting the most technical trails with my friend. Yet, I will only be using a map.

I think this falls under Fogersons "must do" list. You should hop on with us, I mean them and get the proper tour.

Back
Top Bottom