The Good Deals Thread

I’m interested in their 9 speed but the negative is if there are issues your kinda stuck. The price is hard to beat

My thoughts are if you are still running 9spd, buy some of the lower line Shimano stuff. I just replaced shifter, derailleur, cassette (sunrace) and chain for like $100. Big deal, not LX, obviously not LBS, but throw a chain on it every so often, and it will work flawlessly for a long time. At that price, I'm considering upgrading the kids' 24"ers as well.

My thoughts are if you are still running 9spd, buy some of the lower line Shimano stuff. I just replaced shifter, derailleur, cassette (sunrace) and chain for like $100. Big deal, not LX, obviously not LBS, but throw a chain on it every so often, and it will work flawlessly for a long time. At that price, I'm considering upgrading the kids' 24"ers as well.
Mathers is referring to the new 9 spd line from Box (#3) which has a wide gear range up to 50T like Eagle but only has 9 clicks. 9 speed from SRAM and Shimano IMO is some of the most bullet proof parts out there. But the gaps in gearing between 11-50 would feel strange to me.

Did you get the group yet? I just checked and they still have a couple available at that price.... curious how your experience was.
Hey, I’m running a Box 2 Prime 9 and I love it. I also have a Box 2 1x11 on my other bike. I try not to be brand specific but at this point I’ll only run Box drivetrains.

At $130 for the whole lot, I’d chip in if someone builds some cool trail features with it. If I didn’t have 10 projects going I’d have a good excuse to build a deck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom