The Amusement Bike Park

I'm due for a new set of clubs. Bought Mizuno irons probably 15 years ago, Taylor Made driver and 3 wood are about 5 years. What's the latest?
not a whole lot, main difference is that most have one or two hybrids in the bag, so it not only seniors using them
My favorite clubs were the Nike Vapors (no longer made) which I'm looking for a new set to replace my Clevelands which I never really struck well. Which TM driver and woods do you have? I have the SLDR driver. They really haven't changed much except most have those weights to customize the head based on your swing.

As you know, fit on clubs are about the most important for any sport. Do some demos and let me know what you like. My favorite clubs are the Nike Vapors (no longer made) which I'm looking for to replace my Clevelands which I never really struck well.

Things are expensive. I have crappy golf clubs and play 1 to 2 times a year. Get to the range maybe 6 times. I want to fish. Got a fairly small surf caster. Grew up fishing rivers and ponds, so it's very different, especially since I want to jig instead of cast and sit. Previous owners had a fish pond, but supposedly a heron ate all the fish in the entire neighbourhood. So I dug it out and filled it. Id like to work my way into gardening more. Wife already spent like 300 on flowers and shrubs for the front. FML. Food is worth it at least once a week and especially in the summer I try to make a really good meal.
plants/trees/shrubs are ridiculously expensive, we try to cap out lawn and garden budget at 2-3k a year but it always goes over. Organic dirt, plant, anything is getting expensive. I do my own lawn so I can justify the cost. Each year I want to get a service but I already have all the equipment. As for fish, everyone in NJ needs a heron net. Have one on mine, my neighbor had all his koi fished out and also filled it in. It was a beautiful pond, bu he didn't want a net.

What's your home turf?

Fact: Every time someone rides in NJ on dirt and they are not a member of JORBA, a kitten dies.
Harts/Huber. Ima join...once I cut down on the long list of shiz I need to acquire. Though I might skip the kit and just Fred Life it for good. I want to ride other places and it's not their fault. I think Monmouth parks system booted them out or something because who knows...horse shit (literally).

not a whole lot, main difference is that most have one or two hybrids in the bag, so it not only seniors using them
My favorite clubs were the Nike Vapors (no longer made) which I'm looking for a new set to replace my Clevelands which I never really struck well. Which TM driver and woods do you have? I have the SLDR driver. They really haven't changed much except most have those weights to customize the head based on your swing.

As you know, fit on clubs are about the most important for any sport. Do some demos and let me know what you like. My favorite clubs are the Nike Vapors (no longer made) which I'm looking for to replace my Clevelands which I never really struck well.

Driver and 3 wood are Rocketballz. Probably old tech by now. Yeah fit really important - I bought my mizunos at the place in Bridgewater next to Costco - don't even know if it's still there.

Harts/Huber. Ima join...once I cut down on the long list of shiz I need to acquire. Though I might skip the kit and just Fred Life it for good. I want to ride other places and it's not their fault. I think Monmouth parks system booted them out or something because who knows...horse shit (literally).

Oh yeah that prison camp won't let JORBA in.

Oh yeah that prison camp won't let JORBA in.
Doesn't make sense since they could use the TM. They also make you take their TM training in order to be able to attend TM volunteer sessions. So, if you wanted to go to a TM session, you couldn't because you didn't do their training, which includes such wisdoms as "how to carry a rake", "look around you when swinging things" and my favorite "how to shovel stuff". Oh well. At least there's plenty of dog and horse shit to ride through.

What's your home turf?

Fact: Every time someone rides in NJ on dirt and they are not a member of JORBA, a kitten dies.
I am deathly allergic kill em all

Sorry that’s bad but seriously they will kill me

Driver and 3 wood are Rocketballz. Probably old tech by now. Yeah fit really important - I bought my mizunos at the place in Bridgewater next to Costco - don't even know if it's still there.
if you meant Costco in Bridgewater, Golfsmiths closed 2 years ago.
I also got my driver and Clevelands there
Groove you swing back before getting a fitting. Fred over at Neshanic does a great job with fittings.
He worked with my daughter and was really patient getting things right.

What's your home turf?

Fact: It took me 4yrs to join Jorba because I am allergic to cats...

Ok... thats not a fact... but I am allergic to cats and shame on me for taking so long to join Jorba... :(

Now I need a multitool. For next ride. The list of shit I need for this hobby is never-ending.

someone you are riding with needs to have a multi-tool. And a hand pump. And an extra tube. bug spray, etc.
just show up with a helmet and bike. i always confirm @shrpshtr325 has these things for me.....he could use a 50lb weight belt too
so i'd have a chance at keeping up.

someone you are riding with needs to have a multi-tool. And a hand pump. And an extra tube. bug spray, etc.
just show up with a helmet and bike. i always confirm @shrpshtr325 has these things for me.....he could use a 50lb weight belt too
so i'd have a chance at keeping up.

the problem with your plan is that i would need to be within earshot if you had a problem . . . . . . . o_O;):banana:

Random question: would it be dumb to slowly upgrade my talon with transferable parts like brakes, Groupset, fork, front wheel, bars, etc, then this time next year when I'm ready to buy a bike, I could do a frame and only need like half the components?

Random question: would it be dumb to slowly upgrade my talon with transferable parts like brakes, Groupset, fork, front wheel, bars, etc, then this time next year when I'm ready to buy a bike, I could do a frame and only need like half the components?

I actually think this may be a decent way to go.

I think brakes are ok? But everything else, is a big fat no.... unless you are getting them at a pennies to a dollar.

I think brakes are ok? But everything else, is a big fat no.... unless you are getting them at a pennies to a dollar.
I dunno. Shifter/derailer yes. Leave some extra on the fork, get boost and a good wheel, that can be transitioned. Carbon Stem/bars.

That would leave rear wheel, rear shock, probably need a new cassette and crank, BB, headset, what else? Besides the wearable stuff like chainring, cassette, brake pads, new cables for everything?

Back
Top Bottom