The Amusement Bike Park

Where do you guys like to buy suits? I might be interviewing for a tech firm in the finance industry in the financial district in NY, so I want a fancy new suit. Yes, I know a city job will likely mean less riding...but maybe better bike?

I like Express or H&M sometimes for slim-fit, Euro suits that are cheap. If you're not into that, I dunno.

I got my suit from Kohls for $99.99! It's been to a good many weddings and funerals and doesn't look awful. I just change the tie depending on if it's a happy time or a sad time.

Just threw longer bolts in. Works fine, but I'm gonna order another 30t...just can't decise which one. Looking for deals

Where do you guys like to buy suits? I might be interviewing for a tech firm in the finance industry in the financial district in NY, so I want a fancy new suit. Yes, I know a city job will likely mean less riding...but maybe better bike?

Nobody wears suits to interviews anymore - passe. Jeans and a t-shirt

This is in Wall St at a company that services investment firms.

What position?
Sometimes the jeans and button-up mean I'm so qualified, you are going to look past my clothes. Or the other way......

Glasses and a bow tie! Latest apple watch, but don't look at it.

And, lastly. The shoes make the man.....

What position?
Sometimes the jeans and button-up mean I'm so qualified, you are going to look past my clothes. Or the other way......

Glasses and a bow tie! Latest apple watch, but don't look at it.

And, lastly. The shoes make the man.....
Its customer success, I'll be managing client relationships. I made it past the first round pretty instantly, but one question was how id deal with the shift from a co serving non profits to one serving type a finance sharks, so I want to look really solid. If I make it past my next phone interview with the COO, the final round will be an in person woth the COO, president ( org co founders who privately fund their company) and the VP who I already talked to. So, I'm thinking conservative. Hoping to get the whole top to tails for around 600. Gonna check out saks off fifth today.

Its customer success, I'll be managing client relationships. I made it past the first round pretty instantly, but one question was how id deal with the shift from a co serving non profits to one serving type a finance sharks, so I want to look really solid. If I make it past my next phone interview with the COO, the final round will be an in person woth the COO, president ( org co founders who privately fund their company) and the VP who I already talked to. So, I'm thinking conservative. Hoping to get the whole top to tails for around 600. Gonna check out saks off fifth today.

Yup - do it up! Most new suits look good from anywhere - it is how they stand-up over a few washing cycles.
white shirt - whatever collar is in style now. Black shoes, cap toe, polished for the occasion.....

Good luck!

I don't need to wear a suit often but I have had good luck with Men's Warehouse. They have everything from cheap suits to fully custom suits.

And...I'm not sure how you could ride any less.:banana:

I'm debating throwing your 32t on there. My 30 is ok I just dont trust it.

Just put the 32T on there. If the 32 doesn't get you a low enough gear then you can always buy a 30 later. It costs nothing to try the 32 right now. It sucks getting mechanicals on the trail. If the 30 is damaged then you are just asking for a hike back to your car pushing a bike.

Also, don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Bikes are expensive. There's nothing wrong with being thrifty to stretch your dollars but I would recommend getting reputable parts. One thing to consider is that the cheap parts may not only break but they could also just wear out faster. Either way your left buying the cheaper part more often which is more hassle and may end up actually costing more.

I have used men’s warehouse, lord n Taylor (although they are very limited in my size), Joseph A Banks and Macy’s depending on sales. If you want to look right though get a bespoke suit but prob won’t be ready in time.

I would also find a good tailor and not use the store tailor. The fit of a suit makes the suit.

I don't need to wear a suit often but I have had good luck with Men's Warehouse. They have everything from cheap suits to fully custom suits.

And...I'm not sure how you could ride any less.:banana:

Just put the 32T on there. If the 32 doesn't get you a low enough gear then you can always buy a 30 later. It costs nothing to try the 32 right now. It sucks getting mechanicals on the trail. If the 30 is damaged then you are just asking for a hike back to your car pushing a bike.

Also, don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Bikes are expensive. There's nothing wrong with being thrifty to stretch your dollars but I would recommend getting reputable parts. One thing to consider is that the cheap parts may not only break but they could also just wear out faster. Either way your left buying the cheaper part more often which is more hassle and may end up actually costing more.
So, one up oval...done. I'm going with a better brand for sure. The bolts I bought are raceface. I'm just shopping around trying to find the sales. Theres an e thirteen for like under 30 after shipping. Are they any good?

My best suit was from mens warehouse, but I got it in the midtown store, so the tailor was pretty on point. I'm fatter now and they sold me the tightest possible fit so it won t work anymore. Might try MW again since they have a good range and sales.

Does this mean if you get the job, you'll be trading in your bikes for a Bugatti?

Back
Top Bottom