This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

roc

My understanding of mask mandates and "lockdowns" was that they were to prevent the collapse of our health care system and an unnecessary loss of life.

My point is that while Bill Maher may indeed have Covid after being vaccinated, he is and will be fine. There is no reason to keep wearing masks once someone is fully vaccinated.

I think some people have turned this situation into something where we can't ease up on restrictions or masks until literally no one gets sick ever again. Getting sick was, is, and will be a part of life. Some people may choose to keep wearing masks and live in a bubble, so to speak, but it should be a choice at this point. Now that the vaccine is readily available for anyone who wants it, I am done with big brother telling me what I can and can't do.
Well said.

rick81721

Lothar
They aren't stopping anyone. But now it's a moot point - effective today Publix, Costco, Walmart and many other stores new policy is fully vaccinated - no longer need masks. Will be interesting to see what the percentage of mask wearers is next time I go.

Publix update just now - still over 80% masked up. About half the check out employees without masks.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Publix update just now - still over 80% masked up. About half the check out employees without masks.
You’ll be happy to know that the Yardley shoprite will not bother Peoll that don’t wear masks even though there is a sign on the door. Ironically, NJ is more strict right now with the covid stuff.

rick81721

Lothar
NJ becomes the 7th state to hit 70%+ first dose recipients. Beautiful.

That's awesome - not the case down here. Seems like the percentage of adults that want to get vaccinated in FL are much lower than NJ. We are still less than 50% of the total population with at least one dose., 55% of adults. Tho the geezers (65 and up) did a good job - we are at 87% with at least one dose.

Looking at a micro level, our FL county (Sarasota) has a higher percentage of completely vaccinated and partially vaccinated population compared to our NJ county (Hunterdon).

Cassinonorth

Just got the 2nd moderna dose yesterday at 3:30. It’s 6:20 pm and this is worse than my worst hangover ever. Splitting headache, nausea, vomitting. Didn’t expect it to be this bad.

It's probably almost passed now, but I found the biggest help between the two doses and how I felt was how hydrated I was the 2nd time. I was pounding water before and after the dose right up until I went to sleep the 2nd night.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We hit the super center in Edison this morning. No appointment, probably 20 minutes start to finish, including the 15 minute observation period. Super easy. Zero excuses to not be vaccinated at this point, unless you use an Anonymous email to whine about Hat Speech..

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
We hit the super center in Edison this morning. No appointment, probably 20 minutes start to finish, including the 15 minute observation period. Super easy. Zero excuses to not be vaccinated at this point, unless you're a selfish POS.

We had a little uptick in daily vaccinations when 12-15 opened up, but now heading down again

Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom