TERAVAIL WARWICK & EHLINE 29”x2.5” TIRES

Bump with some info about them. So I can’t run the tire in the rear on the top fuel and I don’t like the gum wall look on an all black bike.

To answer your question, the Ehline in that model weighs 945g, and the Warwick comes in at 1332g on average. For the most part, I would stick to those 2.4" clearances mentioned for your Trek, Our tires are usually recommended to be used on a 29mm rim like you've got, so I would expect to measure up to their 2.5" potential on the rear. Your front fork can probably handle the 2.5, though. The Ehline comes in a 2.3" which may suit your needs.

As for orientation, I would use the Ehline as a quick rear MTB tire. It has pretty shallow treads, so it has excellent rolling efficiency, but if you're riding pretty loose stuff, you may lose a bit of traction on braking. If you're looking for something with a deeper tread to it, I'd recommend the Honcho (which comes in a 2." width and weighs about 1040g).

If you're looking for a super grippy front tire that really hooks up in corners, then I would recommend the Warwick. That 2.5 should work well in your suspension fork, and if you're riding rough or loose trails, this tire is an excellent choice. With its deep center treads, it has more rolling resistance than both the Honcho and the Ehline, but it makes up for that in traction and tracking on the front where it matters most. I wouldn't run this tire on the rear myself, as it would probably feel a bit sluggish and overkill for a rear tire.

In general, here's how I would break down these combos, based on what performance you're after:

Lightest and fastest, but least grippy: Ehline 2.3 rear, Honcho 2.4 front
All-arounder: Honcho 2.4 rear, Honcho up front (2.4 or a 2.6 (which would add more up-front traction))
Maybe the slowest but the grippiest: Honcho 2.4 rear, Warwick 2.5 front

Kelsey Miller | She/Her | Customer Service & Warranty Support
info@teravail.com

Back
Top Bottom