Teachers...Your thoughts

rocknrollgirl

I have been a teacher for 20 years. Yikes! My experience ranges from Middle School Life Science to teaching as an adjunct. I currently teach 2 sections of Advanced Placement Biology, and 2 sections of Honors.

Most of my homework consists of reading their text, studying, writing essays and formal lab reports. I do not give busy work to any of my students. I do not collect and grade many worksheets. They have to do the reading or they will not pass the class.

My AP students do have homeowrk over w/e and sometimes holidays depending on how our pacing is going. I have to finish their material by May 1 to prep for their exam.

Oh and NOW as if HSPA was not bad enough I have to prep first years for a Bio EOC...end of course exam, that is a ridiculous piece of crap. We spent 4 years getting ready for the HSPA science test. They did a one year pilot and decided it was garbage, and informed us last year that they were switching to this. Thank-you NJ. Literally hundreds of man hours wasted getting ready. BS!!!!!!!

I think NCLB is horse dung, it has ruined our courses, and I think little kids should be little kids and not have hours of homeowork. They should be playing and reading and building things.

And

DODGEBALL!!!!!!!!

Ok now that I have said my 2 cents worth I have to go survive the last day before X-mas break with 2500 insane teenagers....I am a hula dancer in the holiday show...whoo hoo....

Last edited:
Top Bottom