Taconic 909 vs Summer Sizzler

-YETI-

Hey all, I'm trying to decide on what race to do on the 10th. Both are new to me...thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Be careful since the promoters of both races and series watch this forum...

Thay said - the PC answer is, they are two different types of courses. Depending on where you live determined how far they are. Sizzler is 40 minutes from my house and 909 os 2+ hours away.

Sizzler is similar to Mercer (roots and twisty) and Six Mile (twisty, punchy and flowy) put together with some Allaire type sandy sections

909 is more climby and techy

Push mower. Self propelled. But I'm too lazy so I pay someone to mow it.

Sizzler seems to get cancelled every other year.

Bonus: I'm going to be at 909. Maybe.

Very biased response here, Sizzler. @Norm, cancelled in '11 and '15.

Nah I have no horse in this game I was just throwing it out there as a vague observation. Nothing more intended. Sorry if I offended.

Like I said I've never done either. 909 sounds more "mountain bikey" but it's also in Canada. I would imagine one's willingness to drive is a huge factor here.

Nah I have no horse in this game I was just throwing it out there as a vague observation. Nothing more intended. Sorry if I offended.

Like I said I've never done either. 909 sounds more "mountain bikey" but it's also in Canada. I would imagine one's willingness to drive is a huge factor here.
Not offended. It definitely seems like every other year. MASS series as a whole has had it rough this year. Sizzler course is a good change of pace compared to most other race locations. On the gas the whole loop and roots will provide a beat down.

909 is always a great course. Can't speak for the Sizzler since that's far from me!

Can't comment on Sizzler either, since never been. Sizzler is in South Jersey, so as stated earlier probably rooty and sandy, yet fast and flowy. Taconic had been, in my opinion, pretty boring and easy up until last year, and a far 2-hr drive. The first few races had a lot of fire roads, with several single track cordoned off. Last year they added an awesome ST trail called Timbuktu to the course, a gnarly singletrack switchback up and down, so much fun! Despite fracturing my thumb first lap last year on that trail, it was a really really fun course and worth the drive

I think I'll be doing the drive and giving Taconic a shot this year. Thanks everyone for the feedback and have a great 4th!

Back
Top Bottom