Sussex Cyclocross!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
This Sunday is round #6 in the NJCX Cup Series. With the MAC Series coming to Westbury, NY this Saturday & Sunday some of us, Tommy and I included will be at this event on Sunday supporting the Team Bulldoggies and Skylands Cycling. The SCCX in Augusta, NJ is one of the first Cyclocross events held back in 2002 when they had just two classes, A & B. The SCCX is one of my favorite courses and is perfect for the first time cross racer. Pre-Red'g closes tomorrow night, here's the 411 http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?EventID=14351

Crosschick ... :D

Last edited:
Missing the first one to do Cathedral Pines, but I'll be there for the second week. Also a fan of this event for sure.

Missing the first one to do Cathedral Pines, but I'll be there for the second week. Also a fan of this event for sure.
OMG, I just looked Chris, Six Hours of Cathedral Pines! Best of luck to you and Christine!

Last edited:
I'm sure the day after Cathedral Pines is a non-starter but I will sign up for the 27th. After the experience of dragging my fat-ass and a FS mountain bike around a course for 6+ hours I should be able to do 40 minutes on a cross bike at 'ludicrous speed'. :D

OMG, I just looked Chris, Six Hours of Cathedral Pines! Best of luck to you and Christine!

Just wanted to say thanks for good wishes...I've never done anything like this before so I'm not really sure what I've gotten myself into here, but there will be a bunch of awesome people I know that will be out there too, so I know at the very least it promises to be a good time!

I'm hoping to have a new derailleur on my bike so I can do this race, as this sounds like a good race for my new to cyclocross behind.

Is it crazy to use my mountain bike for this? I've never done a cross event, but I'm curious about trying it out.

IN!

Just signed up! I had no idea what to sign up for or even how to race cx, or anything about this for that matter, lol. Sooooo I registered for B/Cat 3... Hope thats right, I'll figure the rest out when I get there. :)

IN!

Just signed up! I had no idea what to sign up for or even how to race cx, or anything about this for that matter, lol. Sooooo I registered for B/Cat 3... Hope thats right, I'll figure the rest out when I get there. :)

Um not sure if you know this but cat 3 cx does not equal cat3 MTB.....
Good luck tho and have fun it is a blast

Um not sure if you know this but cat 3 cx does not equal cat3 MTB.....
Good luck tho and have fun it is a blast

Well, as long as its not cat1/pro, then I should be ok. If it does, I'll just have to roll with it.

You will more than likely get obliterated beyond your expectations. But like I said before, this is cross, not ballet. Good luck tomorrow. And above all else, have fun. It's easy to do in this sport :)

You will more than likely get obliterated beyond your expectations. But like I said before, this is cross, not ballet. Good luck tomorrow. And above all else, have fun. It's easy to do in this sport :)

Thats ok. I'm riding my 29er in something I've never considered riding in prior to this, so I'm not terribly concerned w/ how I finish. Just looking for a fun race. If I had a few extra minutes to research what categories were what prior to registering, I'm sure I would've wound up in 4. Whatever though.

Back
Top Bottom