Strictly METAL

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
DUDE WTF... the better date is tomorrow....NYC!! 🤣

how is Meanstreak??? all their wives! hahaha

Count Basie is like 20 minutes from me. I bought the same seats for Petrucci, Satch, and Vai 🤣

I tried hard to lollygag enough to miss them, but we caught the whole set.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Massive Petruuci fan so tonight was absolutely spectacular. So good to see Portnoy with him again. It's been a while so I forgot how great he really is. May have ruined new Dream Theater for me 🤔

View attachment 198165
You know DT was ruined 10-12 yrs ago 😝

Amazing show last night. Didn’t realize this theater was that old!!

Was great to see Portnoy n Petrucci back !

Wives band was……catches the last two songs and then saw them sitting close to us on 2nd floor and at the bar

Not as good seats as Jim ☹️
066E392B-E16A-4AAD-B160-D1AC635D8C54.jpeg2707B34A-52BB-496D-989A-17CDA01F9931.jpegA98A9AC2-FDB5-4C17-8E0D-76EF7AA15F22.jpeg87679C15-71B3-497C-9355-201D314A707A.jpeg

Steve Vai

The 2 newest DT albums are phenomenal, but it may have just taken that long for to accept Mike Mangini into my life.

Also, if anyone is interested, I bought the ridiculous Meet and Greet Package for Steve Vai in PA and now have 2 extras for the show at Basie. Right SIde Loge in the front row. Let me know and I'll transfer them.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Fair. I still can’t accept him. Although the latest record I actually have been listening more and I have to admit I like it. Maybe I just have to give them another spin, But after the astonishing is hard to give them a chance

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did either of y’all watch the documentary of auditions for the new drummer? Mangini would not have been my choice but they said there was good chemistry and that’s what matters. There were some serious heavy hitters in the auditions. Marco Minnemann from Necrophagist was in the top picks. I think they chose Mangini purely for show factor. He has that insane cymbal setup…there’s literally a fully produced time lapse of what it takes to assemble his kit.

Steve Vai

Fair. I still can’t accept him. Although the latest record I actually have been listening more and I have to admit I like it. Maybe I just have to give them another spin, But after the astonishing is hard to give them a chance

View from top of the world is for real probably their best album. It's so good. It's tech like Train of Thought but has catchy verses like Octavarium.

Steve Vai

I'll give it a listen but I didn't get into any of their recent albums.

I saw Distance over Time when I went to the Scenes of a Memory Anniversary Tour. There were a bunch of cool songs so I went back and gave it a shot. It's real good. Even bad Dream Theater is better than most good bands 🤣

Top Bottom