Stratton Vermont trails??

wonderturtle

going with the family for Thanksgiving weekend.

wanna bring the bike.

two questions:

(1) Any recommendations on places to ride? Would prefer flowy, not-incredibly-technical singletrack

(2) Is it worth...are the trails gonna be all snow covered at that point? I have no idea.

(2) Is it worth...are the trails gonna be all snow covered at that point? I have no idea.

might be, might not be. the ski resorts will be open. they haven't gotten any significant snowfall yet... but its VT and they could get hit with some kind of snow at any point. i think its a little early to be able to see what's rideable up there, personally, i'd screw the bike and take out a snowboard or skis if i was going to be up there.

There are SOME trails in the area...

There is not as much as you would expect, given the amazing scenery. However, there is one decent set of trails that starts right outside a local shop:

Mountain Riders
Route 30 & Route 100
S Londonderry, VT 05155
(802) 297-1745

I forget the name of these trails but they are nice, out and back. Plenty of roots and plenty of short power climbs. A bit like Hartshorne, but slightly more technical. They run alongside a lake and take you across a waterfall. The "bike shops" in the area are mostly ski-shops that have bikes as an afterthought to get them through summer. I'd bring something geared with front suspension. All in all I'd have brought a road bike to the area if I'd known what it was like...

I spent a couple of weeks there this Summer. When I'd had enough of riding that same set of trails I rode my fat chance to the top of Mt. Stratton using snow mobile trails and jeep roads. I don't recommend it. :eek:-

Back
Top Bottom