Stoopid 50

xc62701

U going? This is a pretty fun race and uses some amazing trails that are featured in the Wilderness 101. It's a bit of a hike but worth it. This is round 2 for me. Hope it goes better than last year.

First time hitting this, hoping the Super 8 treats us well and me, Young Rob and RU can keep it moving the whole time!

This will be my 4th year. This event is always a blast. I was really targetting this race since it is one of my favorites, but after battling Bronchitis and its after effects for almost 4 weeks now I'm hoping to just survive given my lack of saddle time :getsome:

Anybody have gearing advice for SS for this? I did wilderness 101 last year ( geared), and from what i can remember, most of the climbs were road/gravel and not crazy steep. Safe to assume similar?

Was thinking 32/19 or 20.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I would gear it similarly. Not many steep climbs and the ones there are will be very steep and short and you'll probably be walking anyway.

ok thanks ryan, i'm pretty good at the walking part, lots of practice :drooling:

Lol...unfortunately that's part of the game on the SS. I really do wanna try my Rig SS at one of these endurance events but not quite yet. Gears are still the way to roll for me.

See you guys out in SC. A bunch of the Black Bear Guys will be making the trip. Looking forward to a fun race.

sons baseball playoffs going all day and fact they are 2nd in the league looks like Saturday will be long. Which also leads to grandson visiting same day. Looks as if waking at 4am and racing all day with drive back is too superman then me. If anyone wants to race SS as me PM...

I'm in. Had a crappy day last year so hopefully will bring some decent form this time around. The 10 or so miles of single track in the middle of the course is some of the best I've ever ridden.

Holy crap that's a fun but hard race! Great day today in PA. Wish I felt better on the climb out of the 2nd aid stop but other than that and flying face first off the bad side of that last treacherous descent I would say it was a great success! Glad the rains held off and it was great to see so many familiar faces out there!

Holy crap that's a fun but hard race! Great day today in PA. Wish I felt better on the climb out of the 2nd aid stop but other than that and flying face first off the bad side of that last treacherous descent I would say it was a great success! Glad the rains held off and it was great to see so many familiar faces out there!

Sick time Ryan. You crushed it out there.
I love this race! I had a really good time...despite tearing off part of my derr. cage going down Thickhead and having to stop and put my chain back on over and over throughout the day. Looked like it was gonna be a horrible weather, but after a brief shower on the start climb, it held off all day and the conditions were superb. Such amazing singletrack on this course.
I started out easy and saved some matches for the end...burned them on the last climb and my quad cramped just in time for the final sick descent. That was interesting. Finished 25 mins. ahead of my previous year's time at 4:45 and took 5th in the Master's...got a free entry to next year's race. Great race, and well worth the trip.

Yea that's a great video. There's some photo's posted on the FB Shen Mtn Touring page but no results or other pics yet. If I find anything I'll post it up.

This...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 173
C'mon Bill, you know I'm not on the first page ;)

I took some snaps too, but it has the ### tags in spots that should have places for the category results, I don't think I finished 26th in Open Men :p

Back
Top Bottom