Stolen Bike Alert - Parsippany/Montville

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey all - so my purple Farley was stolen out of my garage the other day. Broad daylight, middle of the afternoon and everyone was home.

The balls on this SoB are epic. It was weird too b/c like most of us, I have a garage literally filled with bikes and this one was all the way in the back and not even close to the most convenient.

I can't image that there are many like it around anymore, but it had lots of upgrades and a Singlespeed for Schilling sticker on the top tube. Only pic I have that really shows the bike is below - also has a nasty scratch on the drive side down tube b/c I RIDE GNAR, SON. o_O

Very low expectations on anyone actually seeing/finding, but if you do happen to be in the area please keep an eye out. Appreciate it the looks.
IMG_4275.jpeg

Last edited:
damn that sucks sorry man. i know somewhere on here a while back cross posted on a bunch of FB pages and somehow got his bike back after someone else on here saw it being ridden at a trail.

suggest to contact the bike shops on their social media to see if they would allow you to post some notification too

hope the thief goes OTB and smashes their face.

That sucks.

I have a garage literally filled with bikes and this one was all the way in the back and not even close to the most convenient.

I thought everybody was over fat bikes by now?

Might want to cross post this in the Tourne conditions thread.

That sucks.

I thought everybody was over fat bikes by now?

Might want to cross post this in the Tourne conditions thread.
Which narrows down considerably the list of suspects...where were you on the day of the theft?

Seriously, I doubt a fat bike rider would steal the bike from a fellow rider, most likely someone hoping to make a quick buck on craiglist...

Which narrows down considerably the list of suspects...where were you on the day of the theft?

Seriously, I doubt a fat bike rider would steal the bike from a fellow rider, most likely someone hoping to make a quick buck on craiglist...
That’s the weird thing. I haven’t ridden it in months b/c of an unfortunate series of events (aka surgeries)

I’m concerned. The fact that it was way in the back could indicate that the thief was hoping that it might not be noticed right away and is planning to come back for more, possibly with “friends“. You might want to consider chaining them up for a while.

Hey all - so my purple Farley was stolen out of my garage the other day. Broad daylight, middle of the afternoon and everyone was home.

The balls on this SoB are epic. It was weird too b/c like most of us, I have a garage literally filled with bikes and this one was all the way in the back and not even close to the most convenient.

I can't image that there are many like it around anymore, but it had lots of upgrades and a Singlespeed for Schilling sticker on the top tube. Only pic I have that really shows the bike is below - also has a nasty scratch on the non-drive side down tube b/c I RIDE GNAR, SON. o_O

Very low expectations on anyone actually seeing/finding, but if you do happen to be in the area please keep an eye out. Appreciate it the looks.
View attachment 208899
Wait, could this be the day that wifes are starting to fight back the N+1 practice? Just a thought...

Sorry, trying to lighten up the mood a little...

Won't help with this incident, but get a wifi camera for the future. We have the Ring floodlight version outside of the garage. The wide angle picture isn't great on the details, but you'd be able to identify someone if you know them from the neighborhood.

I’m concerned. The fact that it was way in the back could indicate that the thief was hoping that it might not be noticed right away and is planning to come back for more, possibly with “friends“. You might want to consider chaining them up for a while.
Hear ya. Cars are typically locked and garage is closed - but with five kids in/out all afternoon, it’s damn near impossible to monitor. But yeah, point taken and we are going to be extra diligent moving forward

Back
Top Bottom