Stewart

onetracker

Hit SSF today. Conditions were good; some mud holes and the low areas looked wet. Many trails are quite grown-in due all the recent rain. Use tick/mosquito repellent and make friends with tecnu when you get home.

xc62701

I was there two weeks ago and the muskrat trail was crazy overgrown. The rest were great! Oh except one new moto? trail with a bunch of ribbons on it. One soft corner took me out and my barend tried - pretty successfully - to slice my leg open.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there two weeks ago and the muskrat trail was crazy overgrown. The rest were great! Oh except one new moto? trail with a bunch of ribbons on it. One soft corner took me out and my barend tried - pretty successfully - to slice my leg open.
There are dozens of new moto trails, and some of them even have signs that say no bicycles. They're typically not worth riding anyway because they're just ridden in and not built. Soft and mushy is about right.

RNG1

There are dozens of new moto trails, and some of them even have signs that say no bicycles. They're typically not worth riding anyway because they're just ridden in and not built. Soft and mushy is about right.

So many great past events and memories at Stewart, this post makes me feel like those might be gone forever ?

Eddie Z

Was there last weekend. Great conditions. Was my first ever visit there. Did about 11 miles. Nice place, although we found a lot of rogue trails not on any of our maps. However, we still were able to navigate using the major marked trails. The park claimed my Cateye cyclocoputer. One minute it was on my handlebars, the next it was not. Doh!!!!

Bink

Thinking about heading up for a ride from NJ on Dec. 26th. How are the conditions? Is there a lot of snow up there?

Mildly Wild

Looking at NY DEC website, it appears the deer and bear firearms seasons are over as of December 18. Park should be open for riding (?) can anyone confirm? Also conditions?

Mildly Wild

Rode SSF this afternoon. A little slushy and icy on some trails but not bad. Roads are covered with lots of treacherous ice. Single track is much better in most cases. I'd give it SSF 2 1/2 out of 4.

BTW, new owners at the former Dark Horse Cycles. Really nice guys and shop looks great. They plan some events at Stewart next year. Stop by and say hello.

Bink

Road my buddies fat bike there yesterday morning. Better when frozen. Icy sections weren’t that bad if you stay to the side of the road/ trail where the grass/ leaves are sticking through. Not much snow left, definitely ridable non- fat. But will be muddy by late morning with mild temps. Definitely hit it early.

Top Bottom