STANS not washing out

1665693371042.png

sooooo... fire and then go shopping for new pants

What type of pants? I've used WD-40 to remove grease stains from jeans. Soak the spot good. Then rinse outside with hose, in the tub or in a laundry sink with some Dawn or Simple Green and rinse again before putting in the washing machine.

Reactions: w_b
+1 for fire, new pants.

I can't say I've had to wash out Stans before, but as it carries latex in liquid form, it will 100% absorb and dry and then leave latex trapped in the fibers. Kind of like when you put gauge over a bleeding wound and then it becomes one, then you pull off the gauze along with the new scab.

+1 for fire, new pants.

I can't say I've had to wash out Stans before, but as it carries latex in liquid form, it will 100% absorb and dry and then leave latex trapped in the fibers. Kind of like when you put gauge over a bleeding wound and then it becomes one, then you pull off the gauze along with the new scab.
😳 ouch

Seriouly, it doesn't come out. One of the reasons I decided to move to something different and went with the vegetal based product WPL (it actually ended up completely removing the stan's residue from inside the tires).

Not kidding with this - some Stans leaked out of a tire on the back patio, on the cement. A few days later I tried to power wash it out, and I couldn't remove the stain it left.

So I set it on fire and bought a new bike.

Not kidding with this - some Stans leaked out of a tire on the back patio, on the cement. A few days later I tried to power wash it out, and I couldn't remove the stain it left.

So I set it on fire and bought a new bike.
yes, I had something similar happen on my wooden fire escape where I put the tires to wash later.... still stained.

Back
Top Bottom