SRAM Eagle B Gap - Do you really need to compress rear suspension?

one more update...

so, some more bgap adjusting, and the shifting improved...i took some more tension out basically...then, this sweet bastard showed up today...

igv+tHdhTc2VBc2AWYSYww.jpg

before installing i decided to try that newer bgap tool, with the sag (rear shock completely aired out)...welp, the peasant cable shifting is damn near perfection...just on a quick ride around the hood...

so, i'm going to get out for a few more peasant-like cable addled rides, and if shifting continues to be "acceptable", this sweet bastard may be getting sent back...

one more update...

so, some more bgap adjusting, and the shifting improved...i took some more tension out basically...then, this sweet bastard showed up today...

View attachment 153388
before installing i decided to try that newer bgap tool, with the sag (rear shock completely aired out)...welp, the peasant cable shifting is damn near perfection...just on a quick ride around the hood...

so, i'm going to get out for a few more peasant-like cable addled rides, and if shifting continues to be "acceptable", this sweet bastard may be getting sent back...
Keep it. You also want the new lever. We have a bunch on hand.

You can have the uphills, but on the downhills:

giphy.gif
At $4mil, she can afford wireless.

That is wild

Damn it I need to get on Dr. Phil and act like an ass.

I have the new B-gap tool and I set my B-tension screw at sag after shortening cable housing and installing a new inner cable. Tuned on the stand shifting was perfect but our on the trail I had slow outboard shifting. Adjusting cable tension worked for me. Perhaps the cable housing end caps weren’t seated completely when I installed them either way I’m glad it was an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom